ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
Keystone is dead 🎉

aprzn123 said:
Despite still not being great for her liver, not-cancer is better than cancer

Absolutely. No chemo is the best chemo.

Also liver transplants are more likely than most if it does come down to it
As you only need a portion of healthy liver and it will grow a whole new one
Have they figured out what is happening?

She has "Primary sclerosing cholangitis". Eventually she'll need a new liver or she'll die. That's one of the reasons I don't drink or use drugs. I'm O-. I am saving my liver for her.

Good friend.

I probably wouldn't drink anyway, to be fair.

There’s a slight chance though that if you drink enough then you’ll put so much alcohol in your liver that it preserves it.

Yeah and damage the rest of your body.

She has "Primary sclerosing cholangitis". Eventually she'll need a new liver or she'll die. That's one of the reasons I don't drink or use drugs. I'm O-. I am saving my liver for her.

That is a wonderful thing to do. I hear Tylenol is bad for the liver to.

It is. So are the other big OTC pain relievers. Naproxen, ibuprofen, asprin. They aren't doing my beat up liver any favors.

The others are actually pretty safe for the liver, especially ibuprofen and aspirin.

I'm talking about people who already have liver problems.

Ah I see. Yeah avoid as much as you can then.

It sucks for me cause I have to take pain killers to be able to be human.

My friend doesn't have cancer! Her liver is just deteriorating rather quickly but, hey, at least there is nothing new wrong.
Before I make a joke in bad taste, is your friend going to be OK? This has me worried! Liver failure is scary I hope they are able to get better.

Edit: I just read the rest of the thread.

How long does she have before she needs a new liver?

I don't know what it is, but seeing my name in the "Who's Online Right Now?" thread gives my brain extra happiness chemicals. Is there a psychological reasoning behind this?

It just makes me feel like I got caught.

I hope the phrase "in minecraft" shows up in a court filing as a justification someday, then I will die happy.

Can anyone explain why it seems like it’s hard to find how-to guides that are in text? It seems like every time I google something like “how to x” I get pages full of videos and poorly written guides.

People with PSC typically last for 20 years past diagnosis before they either die or require a new liver. She was diagnosed either last year or the year before - time is difficult. However, apparently her liver is failing much faster than expected, so who knows?

I will say, with respect to alcohol, I really miss the feeling of walking alone in the middle of the night, drunk.

Then again, I want for nothing.

Me too, Anty. Me too. I drank basically every night from 18-34. I didn't always drank a ton, but I rarely drank less than 2-3 drinks. It's a serrious adjustment.

And yes! Sooooo many videos, almost no written instruction. Another thing that's really annoying is online recipes. They tell you a whole damn story before giving ingredients and instructions.

Yes, wtf recipes. I don’t care about your grandma, just give me your version of her cheesecake because I know you don’t have her old notebook. And videos - I can read way faster than I can listen to someone talk. I also like to be able to re-read instructions and that’s as simple as moving my eyes up. With a video I have to break concentration enough to move my hands and press things. Plus people don’t talk concisely in videos. And when they talk about their channels it’s even worse.

Is cheesecake cheesecake without a crust?

Cheesecake is pie

No. Cheesecake is LIFE.

I don't know what it is, but seeing my name in the "Who's Online Right Now?" thread gives my brain extra happiness chemicals. Is there a psychological reasoning behind this?
I don't know, I'd be curious to know. Maybe its the extra camraderie? Not sure.

Pelon said:
No. Cheesecake is LIFE.

It is my fav dessert.

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts