ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
What is "Challenge"?

"Gifted Kid" class.

It was also called that in my elementary and middle school. High school? My school has a seperate program entirely for that. Being in that class was simultaneously a mistake and also one of the best things to happen to me.

Exactly. It's some burnout, some fun, and in the end, you don't really regret it.

What grade did you start in?

In elementary school, Challenge started in grade 3. I was originally enrichment but was confirmed gifted in grade 5. That carried through to grade 8.

I applied for the high school gifted program, but didn't get in for grade 9. However, I was able to transfer into the program for grade 10. Sadly, the program only runs for the freshman and sophomore high school years, but the effects still linger.

In my school, if they picked up specific signals from you, like learning things quicker, they'd test you as soon as they could. Because of this, I got in at 2nd grade and have stayed for quite some time now.

Neat. Think the school did a similar thing, but I think it was everyone. Strangely, I returned negative on that test, but my teachers and parents thought otherwise, so they shoved me in as 'enrichment' and made me do another test in grade 5 since my brother wouldn't shut up about being "official" since he returned gifted on that same test because middle school was coming soon and they wanted to confirm it for then.

I see.

(By the way, I feel like a bother to say this, but your profile picture still says to have a nice December, though it may be January. You don't have to change it, just letting you know.)

I can't believe you're almost at a 1000 posts. Good job making it so far.

I have officially ascended.

I see.

(By the way, I feel like a bother to say this, but your profile picture still says to have a nice December, though it may be January. You don't have to change it, just letting you know.)

Oh, no, it's typically HAND. The D just changed meaning. Now it's just 'Day'.

So sorry. I didn't consider that.

No problem.

Well, just aced the reading and listening parts of my spanish quiz. Now, time for speaking.

Edit: I think I did pretty good. Sure, it took me 7 tries, (8 including the time I forgot to turn on my mic), but hey. I did alright. I hope.

Oh yay, good job! If you're still working on the test, good luck to you.

Blegh. Algebra is a pain, luckily I know most of my mathematical symbols. Theorems go from thirty words to just under fifteen.

Sounds fun. I'll be doing algebra in a couple grades, or just next year if I'm lucky.

Sounds fun. I'll be doing algebra in a couple grades, or just next year if I'm lucky.

What math are you in right now?

I should specify I'm talking about linear algebra.

Not telling. I'm doing Pre-Algebra in school, but the very basic kind.

e-bag said:
Well, just aced the reading and listening parts of my spanish quiz. Now, time for speaking.

Edit: I think I did pretty good. Sure, it took me 7 tries, (8 including the time I forgot to turn on my mic), but hey. I did alright. I hope.

I have a Spanish quiz tomorrow. I'll probably ace it.

Map quizzes in class are stupid easy. If you can't point to where the Democratic Republic of Congo is on a map, then shame on you.

Good luck on your quiz.

And, the map thing, I may be a map nerd, but I agree. If I remember correctly, it's right next to Haiti.

Thanks!

And DR Congo is one of the easy ones. Oh boy Pacific Islands and the Carribean.

Speaking of DR Congo, that country has a great flag.

Europe is fun with country spotting too.

I know, better than the other Congo.

Which Congo? There's probably more than 3.

Just two. They split because different countries had different parts as colonies.

Wonder what would happen if the Scramble for Africa never happened?

Oh, I see. The third Congo must be some providence.

If there was no Africa scramble, then Africa could have just split into a few countries, which all could of become superpowers if they played their cards right.
However, if there was no Africa scramble, there must have been some reason, therefore weakening the continent.

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts