ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
It’s turbinate reduction surgery.

I hope it goes well, goodnight!

My blood extraction & examination via empty syringes and my own arteries and veins has been postponed to Monday.

My surgery went well. My nose is sore.

that was fast

I was asleep for two hours. The surgery was about 30 minutes. I was in the hospital from 7:30am to 11:00 am

It’s not a big procedure

thats true

Licky can now finally B R E A T H E

tell me how the air smells

Like normal because my nose is stuffy as it heals. And sorely painful. And a little bleeding, but that’s normal for the surgery.

If a TCAS API exists, I really want to make a custom client for the site and make it look like a forum site from the 2000's. There's something so endearing about how old they looked. Maybe it's just late nostalgia? Dunno.

Problem(s):
  • To my knowledge, none exists
  • I have never made a Windows program before, nevermind a custom client for a website. Not sure if Blake would even allow it.
  • My wishes of adding Eric-616's avatar converter directly to the avatar editor page will never be fully realized*.

I can dream.

* Footnote: I could TOTALLY make a userscript for this EZ PZ. Watch me. I've never made one of those either, though... so...

This was a forum site in the 2010s. It looked like this.

By "2010's" I mean the sites whose designs haven't aged well. 2000's would probably be more appropriate. Really early stuff, is what I mean. Stuff that doesn't really fit today's "modern" sorta aesthetic and looks like it belongs on the web browser of a Windows XP system.

God, nothing like obsessive thoughts about nostalgia so bad it’s almost crippling..

hoylecake said:
If a TCAS API exists, I really want to make a custom client for the site and make it look like a forum site from the 2000's. There's something so endearing about how old they looked. Maybe it's just late nostalgia? Dunno.

Problem(s):
  • To my knowledge, none exists
  • I have never made a Windows program before, nevermind a custom client for a website. Not sure if Blake would even allow it.
  • My wishes of adding Eric-616's avatar converter directly to the avatar editor page will never be fully realized*.

I can dream.

* Footnote: I could TOTALLY make a userscript for this EZ PZ. Watch me. I've never made one of those either, though... so...

I would very willingly make this my summer project if it was possible.

Regardless, I've run into a roadblock where I want something to make over the summer but all of my ideas are out of my scope or too easy.

BTW what's the term for using programs to get the html data from a site and filtering the information for a purpose?

To paraphrase Blake: "I will change the API at the drop of a hat so I never bother documenting it."

What a shame.

Same energy as some of the webpage elements' styles being hardcoded into their HTML. But that is a huge bummer. Maybe some day.

caveat said:
BTW what's the term for using programs to get the html data from a site and filtering the information for a purpose?

Could you elaborate? All I can think of are webservers and clients.

Coldfrost said:
To paraphrase Blake: "I will change the API at the drop of a hat so I never bother documenting it."

To say what he did say:
Blake said:
I reserve the right to massively change the API's at the drop of a hat, so I don't bother publicly documenting them

I personally think it would be fun reverse engineering TCaS

hoylecake said:
- To my knowledge, none exists...Not sure if Blake would even allow it.

He basically let me have access to the message backend API with almost no supervision when I was working on the TSaR program, so neither of these are a problem. You just need perseverance and to pester him.

Also, it probably helps to use Crayon so it is tangentially beneficial to him.
caveat said:

Trawler if it's documenting pages and saving them whole, scraper if it's just extracting chunks

Like 9 years ago I started a vim plugin for the Ask/Answer part of the site. I don't imagine that part of the API still works the same. :)
https://github.com/fwip/vim-twocans

That's really cool! Iy would have been awesome to actually see that working..

This conversation was my initiative to make a crappy command line program that lets you search the CDC api and stuff. Already started and it's already a mess. I have learned how useful xml is though.

caveat said:
I have learned how useful xml is though.

XML > JSON

Pick your poison:
  • Layers upon layers of nested curly brackets that are just as messy as the language it branches off of
  • Attributes
I'm not very good at XML because I don't ever really use it; reason being, my blood vessels are made of JavaScript code and if I do not make JavaScript code I will die. XML looks really cool though. It looks like everything I could have ever wanted. But I still like curly brackets.

Serious question that I have been pondering:

Do you think you could win in a fight against Wario, in your current physical condition?

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts