ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
I should start ending all of my sentences with tildes whenever I talk to someone for, like, a day~

Please don't~
Please don't

I probably would if it didn't automatically make me sound like I'm flirting. Would be funny, I think. God that sounds annoying.

Guys I didn't see the truck for a couple of days and now he's back and just as aggressive.

Splendid.

he had a training montage. watch out

😟

King in Prussia and King of Prussia, Frederick II the Great set Prussia to become a major superpower. He was seen to be a radical and effeminate French-loving snob by his ultraconservative father, Frederick William I, King in Prussia. Because Frederick the Great was homosexual, atheist, and appreciated learning. He later had a wife, no children, and his nephew succeeded him.

"Jokes on you, dad. I'm a Great, you are not."

why are they all named different variations of Frederick? that's so confusing. it's like the french. always a Louis. Louis after Louis. Frederick after Frederick. And add Frederick William just to mix things up.

hoylecake said:
I should start ending all of my sentences with tildes whenever I talk to someone for, like, a day~

I'll read it as if you have a modulator effect

Yeah Frederick the Great was gay as fuck. So was Volataire, who was gay with Fritz, but also a little drama queen in every possible way. When Voltaire and Fritz broke up Voltaire faked a bunch of letters to make Fritz look bad complaining about how Fritz seduced him, lol. Then later they made up though and Fritz paid for part of a nude statue of Voltaire to be made. also Fritz really loved his dogs and made them little chairs with step stools so they could climb up onto them, and when one of the dogs was stolen once he turned it into a whole-ass diplomatic issue to get him back.

Frederick William was also great fun. Dude spent years putting together a collection of giant men so he could have an army of giants just to be intimidating. you have to be like 6'2" (way taller than the average the time) to join.

So many possible lovers. Like von Katte, his tutor, who sympathized with Fritz's hardship. And later got executed by Frederick William I because von Katte and Fritz tried to escape Prussia and live a freer life in Britain away from his father.

Fritz, later as king, actually used the army his father had built, and put funding back into the arts and stuff.

Well, I finished Of Mice And Men.
Spoiler text below. Highlight to read.
I would say it's a bittersweet ending but to me it's more of a bitter ending because George lost more than he gained and things are, to me at least, in a lesser state than they were in the beginning. Okay, yeah, MAYBE he can start living the life he envisioned without Lennie and rather with Candy and someone else perhaps, but from what's said earlier I feel like that's unlikely. The way Lennie dies fucks with me. It feels like euthanasia.

hoylecake said:
Vorp. I made a post and then I blanked its contents a few minutes later. I got the word from Acky, or something. I'unno. I didn't like what I wrote so I removed it.

That's the correct word. I was just surprised that you (or acky, for that matter) knew it, since Vorp was around about a decade ago.

It's very interesting to me how the young users have brought it back, despite not being around for the original Vorp.

I feel like that sentence might imply that I was around at that time, but idk

Vorp wasn't even around for my time, and I still use it sometimes. Just a thing now, I guess.

I like it.

yay new word

Didn't vorp speak in prose all the time or something like that? Everything they uttered was poetry.

Unrelated: We should make a sort of secret language entirely out of the word "hi". The amount of times the letter "i" is uttered (and perhaps the amount of times "hi" is said) can form a really basic sentence. Not as much of a conlang more than it is a cipher. Obviously you can substitute "hi" for something else like "yo" if you don't want to sound like you're flirting.

Truck update: The truck is still mean.

hoylecake said:
Didn't vorp speak in prose all the time or something like that? Everything they uttered was poetry.

Definitely not.

I sometimes worry about vorp. I hope they are OK because oof to say they had a lot going on would be an understatement, I think.

hoylecake said:

Definitely not.

Must be confusing them with someone else, then.

How do I cite this in MLA9?
https://www.nobelprize.org/uploads/2018/06/fleming-lecture.pdf

I'm trying to cite Alexander Fleming's Nobel Prize Speech. In-text and for the bibliography.

I just looked into this Vorp character. I've seen people speak like this before in full earnest in other situations. It definitely makes me suspect some kind of mental condition

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts