ForumGeneral Discussion ► The Love Thread
i love it when a math concept we learn in class can be applied to help me better understand the inner workings of mario 64's programming. a recent example of this are asymptotes. i couldn't wrap my head around it at all (when it was applied to mario's max sliding speed that can be achieved with slidekicks alone) but now that i better understand the math behind it, i can better understand mario 64 on the most technical level possible. mario's max horizontal speed when slidekicking asymptotes at about 90, btw.

edit: taking an architecture course to get better at crafting elaborate goomba structures

I love black licorice. There is no such thing as a candy better than black licorice. Fuck red “licorice”. Doesn’t even count. Black licorice is the king of candy.

I love black licorice. There is no such thing as a candy better than black licorice. Fuck red “licorice”. Doesn’t even count. Black licorice is the king of candy.

red licorice is leathery strawberry yuck

totally agree though the kind you can usually find in the states are more anise than licorice

still taste good though

I am so glad I'm not the only one who readily notices a difference in taste between licorice and anise. I still like anise, though. When I was younger and "having fun with chewing tobacco", I'd throw a pinch or two of aniseeds in with it.

I have document in my Google Drive for what to do in case of my death. Since I've returned to this site, I thought I should add a clause to it to notify someone on here that I died. Seemed like the thing to do. I opened up the document and the only thing it included was instructions on how to notify people here of my death.

Black licorice is disgusting.

I have document in my Google Drive for what to do in case of my death. Since I've returned to this site, I thought I should add a clause to it to notify someone on here that I died. Seemed like the thing to do. I opened up the document and the only thing it included was instructions on how to notify people here of my death.

Would Google Drive documents even be released to anyone? Or is there a “if you have not logged in within x time, give account control to y” option?

Would such a document even have legal grounds to be fulfilled (e.g. you write a Last Testament)?

I hope you keep kicking for a long time, Ant.

Would Google Drive documents even be released to anyone? Or is there a “if you have not logged in within x time, give account control to y” option?

Would such a document even have legal grounds to be fulfilled (e.g. you write a Last Testament)?

I also have a legal power of attorney for finances and a power of attorney for personal care, both with backups in case the first person I've chosen is dead when I die (although if they predecease me with enough warning, I can easily write another). I have provided them with instructions on how to access my email, and thereby my Google Drive, in a sealed envelope. Legally it has probably no value - I don't do estates - but if I die intestate (without a will), my belongings will automatically be returned to my parents, which is what I would put in my will anyway, so I haven't bothered to write one. There's a priority list of who gets your shit if you die without a will.

For some reason from ages 11-13 I had such a sense of impending doom that I would continually write wills in my diary in case I died suddenly. I don't know why I thought death was so imminent when nothing was wrong and I barely started puberty.

I thought about doing something similar I.E. dead man's switch, but I thought it would be stupid because
A.) I don't have anything to give in a will, besides maybe how I want my body to be handled
B.) I would forget to reset the switch and scare the shit out of everyone when they get an email saying I died.

Black licorice is delicious. California says it causes cancer but frankly California can just go away for all I care.

California’s warnings are hilarious. Even suspected carcinogens are “known to the state of California” to cause cancer. Things like the stuff in almond flavoring, ACE inhibitors (really common blood pressure medications), saccharine the artificial sweetener — apparently they all cause cancer according to California. Idk if you have to actually be in California to get cancer from them but yeah. They go overboard with it.

"WARNING : The Sun is known to the state of California to cause cancer. Please do not take any beach days"

I mean, the sun does cause quite serious cancer...

Tasty melanoma

I love you guys and this community <3

Everyone's so gosh darn nice and I really appreciate it

Well we love you too titanlord :)

I love traffic memory.

I love poetry. I love when you can get such a vivid images of an abstract experience. I love it when an obtuse message finally clicks into place. I love looking deep into the significance of a line break and how even the appearance of the words themselves can craft a detail in the story and the amazing talent and skill it takes to write something so nuanced.

I love simple poems about joy and common experience, I love writing dirty limericks to send to my boyfriend. I love that it's so hard to define. There are so many rules but no rules at the same time. It's frustrating and ridiculous and incredible.

i love nature

i love being ignorant of it, staying inside for months, only to come outside and find a way to appreciate it again.
i love the green trees and grass, i love walking in the woods, and i love letting myself be reminded that there is a whole other world i could be

I love my friends.

aw

we love you too pheo

I love saltines, ginger ale, and Zofran because I am very sick.

Also, Chicken Noodle Soup and plain bread. Those are good too.

I love saltines, ginger ale, and Zofran because I am very sick.

I hope you feel better. If you're vomting there is an over the counter anti nausea med called Emetrol. It helped my hubby a lot

Forum > General Discussion > The Love Thread