Forum > General Discussion > Travel
Post here anywhere you've been/want to go/have stories about.
I've traveled in more than 30 countries, but I have so many more that I want to see and so many I want to go back to. Some of my favorite destinations are: San Francisco, USA; London, England; Venice, Italy; Rome, Italy; Cinque Terre, Italy; (Okay, I love all of Italy; I would love to live there); Amsterdam, Holland; ICELAND!; and Stockholm, Sweden.
I would like to go to: South Africa, Nairobi, Kenya, Egypt, Venezuela, Honduras, Japan, South Korea, (North Korea is on my dream list... that's not happening :(), Indonesia would be cool, Vietnam, and probably just one small (relatively) city in China too, as well as Australia and New Zealand.

Where do you want to go?

Been to quite a few places as well, but I would really love to visit Istanbul
And word of advice, South America and south-eastern Asian countries reeeaaally are kind of places you should just never visit, or at least on purpose.

What makes you say that?

And word of advice, South America and south-eastern Asian countries reeeaaally are kind of places you should just never visit, or at least on purpose.

I'm not absolutely sure, but I'm gonna go ahead and call that racist just to be safe.

Haha *boom* RACISM! I want to know what he has to say though.

Or is it placist?

That actually makes more sense...

mind blown

Racist for disliking a region of the world because of the poor condition it is in? If anything my biggest complaint of these places if the shit weather
There are a few half decent places in South America, but it's not really worth the investment. As somebody who has spent a lot of time on east Asian travels, I can tell you personally, none of these places are the spectacular examples of shining culture even I expected them to be. Most of the south eastern part is kind of just... Forgotten. China, well I think we all know...

Part of the reason I want to travel to South Asian countries and other places in South America that I haven't been (I got to spend a day in Honduras on a cruise) is to experience the less polished side of the world. I'm not going for shining cities or rich fashion; I'm going to experience the people in parts of the world where life is difficult and I want to put my own shitty selfish self into perspective by seeing how bad people really have it.

I've heard great things about Chile and Peru and Columbia, though I've never been.

I've visited most of NZ and I've been to Aus. I've also visited France, Singapore and the USA. I loved southern France, I hated Paris and I loved Texas.

Part of the reason I want to travel to South Asian countries and other places in South America that I haven't been (I got to spend a day in Honduras on a cruise) is to experience the less polished side of the world. I'm not going for shining cities or rich fashion; I'm going to experience the people in parts of the world where life is difficult and I want to put my own shitty selfish self into perspective by seeing how bad people really have it.

Kind of ironic that the plane tickets to fullfill that wish will run more than a years salary for some of those people.
Oh, and Texas representation in here.

Texas. That's a surprise. (I hated Paris too, w00t). Why Texas?

I'm going to Texas in a couple weeks.

Edit: I apologize for the irrelevance

Everybody was polite, the food was good, it was inexpensive, the capital was pretty and my now fiancee was there.

We have technology here like the rest of the world... People tend to judge it on the stereotypes when really it's actually a really nice place. If you want to visit, I reccomend Austin.

I was in Austin for nearly two months. Corpus was a dump.

Grayseff said:
Everybody was polite, the food was good, it was inexpensive, the capital was pretty and my now fiancee was there.

Texans love when people compliment the food. For some reason everyone here is extremely competetive when it comes to food.

I understand, Corpus is where Texas dumps its teenagers half of the year...

Alright. There's just usually some stigma with people that travel to Texas for some reason.

How was Singapore? I've never been to Asia, and Singapore is another place I'd like to go, as well as India.

Edit: I've been to Austin a few times, and I found that the majority of places were tex/mex and very touristy. Maybe I was just in the wrong part of town.

I'm going to Texas in a couple weeks.

Edit: I apologize for the irrelevance

That actually has great relevance to the original thread line.

I'm going to Boston and Maine.

Singapore wasn't my favourite. It was humid and busy and waaaay too expensive. I don't like crowds much and Asians don't get personal space like Antipodeans do.

Alright. There's just usually some stigma with people that travel to Texas for some reason.

How was Singapore? I've never been to Asia, and Singapore is another place I'd like to go, as well as India.

Highly reccomend South Korea and Japan if you want to visit Asia. Most of my extended family are from Chiba, so I get to spend a lot of time there. Avoid the metropolitans areas and you'll have a fantastic time.

I'll be going to Massachussets in a few months too.

The stigma is because its just another state. I don't see it as a tourist state at all. I'm going for a family reunion and I don't understand why you'd go to Texas for any reason other than to see people you know. Just as with other states that aren't Cali or NY or similar places where there are these huge tourist things.

I also feel that way because I've just never done anything tourist-y there before.

All comments about travel are relevant, Tin! Why are you going to Texas?

I feel like a lot of Asia is very, very crowded, and I feel like I'll hate that, but it'll be a good experience.

Double post... I took a segway tour in Austin... That was as touristy as I've ever gotten

I've been to four states in the US, London (twice), India (three times), and I was briefly in the Amsterdam airport between flights.

I want to go to Berlin, Paris, Italy, Greece, Bora Bora, Peru, and Sweden.