ForumGeneral Discussion ► Interesting Facts
Come one, come all, to share your interesting and crazy facts. All facts will be fact checked and taken down if proven wrong. We like our community to be fun and credible. Trolls and spammers will be banned from use of the forum. Remember to have fun and enjoy yourself.

taken down if proven wrong

banned from use of the forum

Who are you?
I'm certainly enjoying myself and having fun so far.

Trolls and spammers will be banned from use of the forum.

hahahahahhaahaahahahaha trrrrrrrrrry meeeeeeeee

"Crabs are omnivores (they eat both meat and plants). They eat different kind of algae, fungi, bacteria, other crustaceans, mollusks and worms."
Source

Our memories change each time we remember them.

Source: Psychologytoday.

If only it worked that way in the political arena.

Come one, come all, to share your interesting and crazy facts. All facts will be fact checked and taken down if proven wrong. We like our community to be fun and credible. Trolls and spammers will be banned from use of the forum. Remember to have fun and enjoy yourself.
There's a tape worm called Echinococcus granulosus and we're not the right host for this dude so it doesn't chill in our intestines, instead it goes to our blood stream and lodges itself in any of our organs but it seems to really like the liver and the lungs and the brain and instead of developing into an adult tape worm, it starts surrounding itself with a membrane and makes huge cysts called hydatid cysts that work as like birth chambers for more of the little fuckers and if the hydatid cyst ruptures, well it's good bye to you. And if it ruptures, then anywhere in your body where even the tiniest piece of the membrane lands, another hydatid cyst is gonna form. Dogs are its definitive host and sheep and other grazing herbivores (and us) serve as intermediates. We can get it by ingesting its eggs, which are found in the shits of infected dogs (cause it will chill in the intestines of dogs). The eggs can survive in soil (and on top of soil) for months without any care about sunlight, drought, or freezing. Don't kiss your nasty ass dog, they eat they own shits.

HEY, SQUEAMISH PEOPLE! only click the last three links. Those are just CT scans and one MRI. The others may hurt your stomach.
Here are some pictures of hydatid cysts.
The little ball things inside of the cysts: Those are daughter cysts.
Oh and this is a histopathological image. All those little purple things are juvenile forms of the tape worm. They ain't actually purple, them's just stained. It looks like it's in the liver, this picture, but I'm not too certain. Any histology nerds?

The first picture ain't even the biggest they can get.

And then there's Echinococcus multilocularis that does the same thing only it makes hydatid cysts that don't just stay as one mass but they spread throughout organs in all directions.

edit: THE DAUGHTER CYSTS LOOK JUST TAPIOCA PEARLS YOU EAT WHEN YOU DRINK BUBBLE TEA! AMIRITE?
Mmmm, hydatid cysty.

That was fucking horrifying but I could not look away

I can keep going, if you'd like. There are scarier worms.

I'm scared to look.You have the red and purple dots right now.

I can keep going, if you'd like. There are scarier worms.

MORE WORMS PLS

There's a very rare chance that a sexual phenomenon called penis captivus could turn a fun night in bed, into an awkward night on the stretcher in the ER. Without any sexual experience and by only following well-known rumors, if the female reproductive organs do indeed smell like fish, I would like to propose this rare and mysterious event be renamed to "the bear-trap" .

Queen bees quack like a duck.

Joe Kennedy, John F's father, sold his entire stock portfolio before the 1929 crash because a shoeshine boy gave him tips. He figured that when shoeshine boys give tips, the market is too popular for its own good.

Found here

If someone hosted a party in witch they invited 100 guests from around the world and all of the languages were proportionally represented,
17 would speak Chinese
6 would speak Spanish
5 would speak english
4 would speak Hindi
3 would speak Arabic
3 would speak portuguguese
3 would speak Bengali
2 would speak Russan
2 would speak Japanese

Without a fellow speaker of their native language to talk to at the party, the other 55 would just dance awkwardly.
-from a "question" I "answered"

I thought there would be another 4 or 5 people who spoke English as a second language...?

if all of the languages at a party were proportionally represented, by 100 people at a party,
So there's two parties, and all the languages at one party are proportionately represented by 100 people at the other party?

This isn't telling us anything other than what languages are spoken at a fictional party.

true

At my partly all the people communicate with sign language, as proportional to my party.

But they each speak a different country's sign language, frustrating the party immensely.

you ever just ... forget an entire year. And then you look back on a post you wrote in 2018 and its surreal because you don't remember writing it. You thought you had never found this thread before, but no, you from two years ago was already here.
Memories aren't stagnant and its trippyly scary.
Anyway I edited my previous post for clarity

If you buy a google pixel phone on april 1st, It comes with a windshield wiper

If you drink, you get drunk.

I can confirm, this is true!!

83% pf statistics are made up on the spot.

Forum > General Discussion > Interesting Facts