ForumGeneral Discussion ► The Love Thread
Nothing like some toilet hooch to make the shower better.

Seriously tho if you haven't had a shower beer, can you really claim to have lived?

Dude a beer in the shower is so nice. I just took the most difficult test I’ve taken. I may do just that today.

toilet hooch

That sound like some prohibition-grade moonshine.

Something trashy poor people and convicts do.

I got a wee supply for tomorrow. We're keen as a bean here.

I got me some four month old Seagrams. Not much left, but good enough.

I love pharmacology. More so now than I ever did.

I love textbooks and classes that actually bother to use textbooks.

I hate early college textbooks though. Some Pearson bullshit that teaches low level material with no resale value and a $200 pricetag where for higher levels Griffiths and Hecht go for peanuts and apply universally.

Yeah duck those things. That stuffs duxkin awful. Some recommended reading for grad/professional school classes would be grrrrreaaat though. When you got three professors for the same class and one just reads directly from a PowerPoint, another who projects like 3 pictures and spends 20 minutes talking about each picture with the most fuckin verbosity you ever done heard, and another who speaks so fast that taking notes is useless - gimme something to read, please.

Dude. I once had a statistical mechanics lecturer who couldn't teach a fish to swim. I am very grateful to Normand Laurendeau.

Grayseff said:
I hate early college textbooks though. Some Pearson bullshit that teaches low level material with no resale value and a $200 pricetag where for higher levels Griffiths and Hecht go for peanuts and apply universally.

Shit, even my higher level courses have expensive as fuck books. My Energy Systems Design book was $230, and it was required since tests are open book for figures and whatnot.

That's not a university that's a scam.

There are good textbooks and there are bad textbooks. But it's always good when a class has some sort of textbook, if it's a very theoretical course. Practical classes (like project classes) often don't need textbooks and that is good.

But man oh man, I'm studying for an exam that I'm taking this Friday and some of the material isn't covered in the literature. Sometimes the recommended reading for a part is just "Lecture slides" and those are bad. Baaaaaaaad. I'm not learning anything useful from these godawful slides. Sadly, I missed quite a few lectures in this class since they collided with another class I had, a mandatory class which I of course prioritised higher than a non-mandatory class. So for some parts, the slides are all I have.

I can tell you that three main features of RT programming language like ADA are concurrency, communication and real-time facilities. But I can't explain any of these further because the slides just do not. Grrrr! >:(

You could rent a textbook or get a used one

anw, I love joe momma

Oh, I have the textbooks that are recommended for this class. It's just that there is no chapter in the texbooks that corresponds to this (and a few other) lecture in the class. The teachers just recommend that you read the PPT slides from the lecture to learn the material, but the slides are so bad that you learn nothing.

If it's a physics/maths course we can compare notes, I think we're around the same level of university.

Sadly, it's not. It's a class on real time systems. But I really appreciate the offer! You rule, Grayseff. :)

how do I become an admin

Asking that very question has just disqualified you from becoming admin. Ever.

See the FAQ for more detail.

Yowza

I really love my partner's laugh.

I love all my friends!!

jaxxie said:
Asking that very question has just disqualified you from becoming admin. Ever.

See the FAQ for more detail.

why tho

so you're telling me that I can't be curious by saying that.

Forum > General Discussion > The Love Thread