ForumGeneral Discussion ► The Hate Thread
I recently asked something that wasn’t a question, just a statement to give everyone a smile while we’re in quarantine, and I got, like, three people correcting capitalization. Seriously what heck.

I feel like most of the people that don't use the forum are just grammar nazis

Maybe if they used the forum more the accountability would help them learn the error of they're ways.

*insert grammar nazi rant here*

*insert me restraining my anger to tell you to fuck off but politely here*

*insert small rant about the formatting being broken even though it should be perfectly fine*

*insert small rant about how this website does not support Markdown and then complain about the lack of said support for Markdown*

To express hatred:
Fuck you if you treat your dog like a child and obsess over it. Me and a friend had made plans three days in advance to get fitshaced with a friend we haven’t seen in over a year tonight. This dude who just got a new dog said he can’t because he has to take his dog to the vet for fleas because he saw his dog scratching itself a couple times and decided that he’d rather stay in and take care of “his boy”. It’s a dog. Dogs get fleas. He also won’t let this dog play with people indoors because he plans to take his lab/pit mix back to a small apartment in a different state and he doesn’t want the dog to learn “bad behaviors”. I swear if this dog ever starts chewing things up I’m gonna look at this dude in the face and say “it’s because you don’t play with your dog when it wants to play and never let it interact with humans in a friendly way.”

A dog is a companion, but it is not comparable to a child.

He also won’t let this dog play with people indoors because he plans to take his lab/pit mix back to a small apartment

This makes me very sad. Also, like, what? What habits will it learn from that?

Maybe jumping up on people?

I don't really mind if my dog jumps up on me when I get home (at least, before quarantine started and now I'm home all the time)

Liv said:
He also won’t let this dog play with people indoors because he plans to take his lab/pit mix back to a small apartment

This makes me very sad. Also, like, what? What habits will it learn from that?
The jumping up on people is part of it, but this dude is worried about the dog scratching floors and stuff like that. He wants this dog to be incredibly passive when he doesn’t feel like playing with it.

I get that training your dog to be calm when needed is important and for it to have good household behaviors, but that just seems a little sad to expect it to only ever be excited when you happen to feel like playing.

I just... Why get something like a Pitbull/lab and expect it to be passive in an apartment.

Edit: I know why but this happens a lot and is sad.

It's incredibly sad and sorta makes me hope he never has children. Like yes, a pit/lab mix. The dog always looks worried when I see it. He eventually came over when he realized he was being ridiculous and we were all standing outside in my backyard. This dog eventually starts wandering around and gets out of his sight so he commands for his dog to come back. The dog was getting close to a puddle so he also snapped at the dog for that because he "didnt want the dog to drink puddle water." I'm sure the puddles don't have the cleanest water, but dudes got a curious dog. Doesn't that just train the dog to be anxious when it's not around him? Also I wanna repeat that he took his dog to the vet... because he found a few fleas on it... "Go to the vet" and not "Give the dog a bath with some flea soap" was his first thought.

He really does sound like an overprotective controlling parent more than a dog owner. Personally I’m a cat man myself. Once you pet a cat’s stomach you can never go back.

Yeah, that definitely isn't good for the poor dog. Dogs need to have time to just be normal dogs. Even service dogs, when they aren't working, are just gonna run and have fun. Let them sniff and explore in safe environments.

I hate protein bars/cakes. In fact, I also hate most "healthy alternatives" to things.

Real question: who actually likes them? Some people tolerate them, but who actually likes them?

Protein bars can taste nice but I feel like it's more a snack than a supplement

All I could remember about the last time I've ate a protein bar is a funny aftertaste and nothing more.

I hate that not as many people are interested in games I like as there usually are. Terraria, no one seems to care, BTD5 and 6 are still popular because they’re fun games. But when I asked if anyone wanted to play 5, I only got one response.

adsfjlk; said:
Real question: who actually likes them? Some people tolerate them, but who actually likes them?
I fuckin’ love ‘em.

I will defend Cliff bars to the death.

Forum > General Discussion > The Hate Thread