ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
That's pretty funny, I like Woodkid's stuff, didn't know he did a goof on that song. Here's another pump up song.

If the world continues to live on, I'd reckon some of today's pop culture would eventually be considered nostalgic. Maybe even trendy.
I wonder if the genre of early-mid2000s graphic t-shirts, like the ones that have ""quirky"" phrases or decals of fandom/gaming culture, are going to be considered as a part of vintage fashion in the future.

I'd love to see that

If the world continues to live on, I'd reckon some of today's pop culture would eventually be considered nostalgic. Maybe even trendy.
I wonder if the genre of early-mid2000s graphic t-shirts, like the ones that have ""quirky"" phrases or decals of fandom/gaming culture, are going to be considered as a part of vintage fashion in the future.

For something to be considered part of "vintage" fashion, it just has to be 20 years old or older. (Although +100 years is considered "antique"). So in 2025, dumb t-shirts people bought at Hot Topic in 2005 will indeed be vintage fashion. Whether they are adopted into mainstream vintage-fashion-that-is-cool depends on whether the cultural oscillation has landed on "ironic" or "genuine" as the prevailing attitude.

Getting really sick of constant emails and phone notifications. It’s more than normal now that this is basically the only way I can communicate anything to classmates and professors.

Man I have Discord totally muted on my phone aside from PMs, and that's just for my sanity's sake. I'm usually muted on a Zoom call for most of my day, so it's no big deal if I have all my texts audible. I admittedly like the distractions anyway.

For me it's fuckin GroupMe. My hours are different from a lot of other students'. So when I'm trying to sleep, my phone goes off like fuckin crazy. Or even if I am trying to work on one assignment, again like 20 notifications from GroupMe in a row about something big in another class. And I can't turn off notifications because without them I'm just never going to check it, and there is pretty important stuff that gets posted in the *84 students* GroupMe group and then I'm in several different other groups for other classes that have group projects so those are going off constantly too. It's just like, man, when you're trying to relax after a hard day and playing with a kitten then suddenly you get 10 notifications from your phone and it's about a test you're already dreading but still don't have to start studying for and a group project due in a week... it's a level of dejection that I can only barely handle. I almost want to say something about it to the class.

Just dreamed up a terrifying new mystical creature :

The Eulgraab

It's a bunch of bears hot-glued together into a ball. It can roll over you like an Indiana Jones Boulder and tear you to bits at the same time.

Definitive proof there is no god.

what

Kylljoy said:
It's a bunch of bears hot-glued together into a ball. It can roll over you like an Indiana Jones Boulder and tear you to bits at the same time.

this is a pogchamp moment

I feel like I'm getting worse at finding sources via search engines, looking up things felt easier years ago.
It's probably because I'm not bothering to use the proper keywords nowadays but

also, I really need to finish up some avatar requests, sorry in late advance

What kind of problems are you running into? Like what stuff are you looking up?

It's more of a broad thing that I can't really remember specific examples at the moment-- mainly articles to source or just inform myself about the questions you get from homework assignments

I reckon it is because I am more used to typing up questions and expecting answers rather than reading into multiple sources and determining a conclusion.

I reckon it is because I am more used to typing up questions and expecting answers rather than reading into multiple sources and determining a conclusion.

Ha I do that unconsciously too. I wonder if Quora users develop the same habits.

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts