ForumGeneral Discussion ► The Hate Thread
The US's stance on drugs is absolutely insane.

Agreed. So is creating laws designed to lock up black guys for money.

I hate government. Just in general. Why do I have to live in a country?? And pay taxes to it?? Can I not just live on a hillside with a garden and some animals and live the rest of my life with the ones I love free of stress and responsibility? Is that too much to ask? Why can't life be simple. I'm part Aztec, why couldn't I be born in rural Mexico grinding corn into maíz and speaking Nahuatl and eating chilaquiles every day. Makes me mad.

I hate government. Just in general. Why do I have to live in a country?? And pay taxes to it?? Can I not just live on a hillside with a garden and some animals and live the rest of my life with the ones I love free of stress and responsibility? Is that too much to ask? Why can't life be simple. I'm part Aztec, why couldn't I be born in rural Mexico grinding corn into maíz and speaking Nahuatl and eating chilaquiles every day. Makes me mad.

the social contract as described by locke (and hobbes)

I hate bottled water.

i hate that innocent sea turtles are choking on plastic and innocent coral and oysters are acidified and die

I just think it’s fucking stupid that something that’s meant to be portable sits around in peoples houses and they drink that when they have a sink and cups.

I'm part Aztec, why couldn't I be born in rural Mexico grinding corn into maíz and speaking Nahuatl and eating chilaquiles every day. Makes me mad.
I have been to rural Mexico and I can tell you life is not like that there.

The government ensures your roads are drivable and your water is clean and your drugs won't kill you. Living the 'simple' life means a daily toil to produce and store enough food to keep you alive.

Coldfrost said:
I'm part Aztec, why couldn't I be born in rural Mexico grinding corn into maíz and speaking Nahuatl and eating chilaquiles every day. Makes me mad.
I have been to rural Mexico and I can tell you life is not like that there.

The government ensures your roads are drivable and your water is clean and your drugs won't kill you. Living the 'simple' life means a daily toil to produce and store enough food to keep you alive.

You’re forgetting the best part. Kidnapping, and turture/death.

Trust me, my mom is from a village on the Pacific coast so I know there's plenty of corruption down there. I'm talking about like the year 1500. "I was born in the wrong generation" type deal.
Coldfrost said:
Living the 'simple' life means a daily toil to produce and store enough food to keep you alive.

This may sound ignorant, but surely that would be a happier life than the stressful one ahead of me, especially if I was doing it with those I love and hold dear.

Would you be comfortable going to the RR in an outhouse w/ no plumbing?

I already go to the RR in an outhouse with no plumbing
Maybe not regularly, but it's not a foreign concept to me.

It seems so simple and carefree because it's temporally distant. 1500 years ago, any minor wound could spell a painful death by infection. Life expectancy was 30 or 40 in Europe (harder to get numbers for the Americas). Plenty of children died in childbirth or in early life. Plenty of women died in childbirth too. You'd be eating the same thing almost every day. Malnutrition was a constant issue. Foodborne illness was a constant issue. You'd probably loose most of your teeth because there was no modern dentistry. You're making caustic soap out of wood ash and breaking your back to clean, cook, and repair everything, not to mention working the fields. You have no domesticated animals to help or provide common sources of meat. A bad rainstorm, an unlucky fall, a rat bite, a blight in your crops, someone else suffering a blight and becoming desperate, common illnesses like appendicitis, a bad plate of chilaquiles, all have the ability to easily kill you. It was very stressful and a ton of hard work and you'd still probably not live to peacefully die in your sleep.

So much info! Are you a time traveler O.O

Coldfrost said:
a bad plate of chilaquiles

damn that really would be a nightmare
i guess i retract my statement

chilaquiles are only good if the sauce is spicy.

I like chilaquiles of all spiciness, but I will agree that I like it better when my mom includes a couple more serano seeds

Im so hungry! I hate going to work w/ out eating. Thats what i get for getting home late last night and also staying up late.

I hate people that make claims without proof, or proof that there is no proof.

Anger. That’s one that really gets to me. I hate being angry. I hate listening to angry people. Whether they’re angry at me or anything. Even when they have good points, the anger just distracts me from listening until way later.

Given clarity, balance, and focus, anger can be a potent tool and the impetus behind some very substantial change. But anger born from pride, improperly managed, or without a useful direction can lead down some less-than-helpful paths and drive us to thoughtless harm and destruction.
Reading about the Holocaust and getting angry is a good thing- maybe it will make you re-examine your own world, maybe next time you're in a morally dubious situation that anger will help you recognize and fight for the humanity of others. Seeing someone abusing an animal and getting angry at them is a good thing, because you're more likely to intervene somehow.
Now, what we do with that anger- whether you decide to shoot that person in the head or scream at the cook who got your food wrong or devolve into emotional insults during a discussion- can be bad. And our pride often causes us to get angry at things that don't need to change, or don't need to be a big deal. I can't say that I hate anger, though, because so much good has come of people getting righteously angry at the things wrong with the world.

Anger being an impetus for leading changes, yes- I won’t deny that, but I’d prefer the anger transition into or to just manifest as determination. I admit to feeling anger over seeing videos of people abusing animals or things like that, but it’s stupid and pointless. What are you going to do if it hasn’t already been reported? You likely don’t even know them. You shouldn’t need videos of animal abuse to know you should stop someone from abusing an animal when you can. Yes, like, I have experienced the anger of seeing fucked up things before, but most of the time there’s nothing to place it on, no resolution. It’s almost always just a rise in blood pressure that leads people to make Facebook posts while wishing they could lead movements. For those who actually do, hats off to them, but they didn’t do that by being mad, they did by being determined and caring enough to do something. It’s easy as fuck to get mad at something that’s wrong. Actually doing something isn’t and unless you’re going to, then all you’re doing is wasting your breath. That is to say “stop being angry and actually do something.” Doesn't have to be something big. If you see someone being a jerk to someone else and you get angry at them then at least try to stop them because that's not always so easy. But if there's nothing you can do, in that example and in pretty much every possible example, then why are you even bothering?

Admittedly I feel this way about anger because I used to have a really bad anger problem and have spent way too much time around angry people. These days it's so rare that I do get angry and unless it's someone I give a shit about then I usually just don't even have the patience for it.

Edit: okay I shouldn’t judge people that badly for anger. It definitely is useful for a lot of things. It just makes me so uncomfortable.

Agreed. So is creating laws designed to lock up black guys for money.
I mean that basically summarizes the US's stance on drugs.

I hate Gulab Jamun.

Forum > General Discussion > The Hate Thread