ForumGeneral Discussion ► Food
you can do a jagariko mashed potato thing
To start all you need is a cup of Jagariko and a mozzarella stick, both of which can be bought from most convenience stores for around 149 yen (US$1.36) and 113 yen ($1) respectively.
The first step is to peel the cheese stick and spread it over the potato sticks. To be honest, this was surprisingly a bit of a hassle and got me wondering if making actual mashed potatoes would take the same amount of effort.
Next, I added some hot water.
However, just after pouring, tragedy struck. In my excitement I forgot to get a fork, spoon, or chopstick for mixing it all together. It took me about a minute to find one and rinse it off before going onto the next step.
This might have proved fatal, because by the time I returned, the cheese seemed to have congealed into a big ball.
Nevertheless I moved on, but it wasn’t long before I noticed that the whole mixture was way too wet. It was more like a soup than creamy mashed potatoes and cheese.
At this point I was panicking, worried that I screwed the whole thing up. However, I kept my cool and immediately began bailing out water.
I went back to the mix which now seemed to have a better consistency, but that solid wad of cheese remained. It was going to take some hard stirring to blend that in so I lifted my elbow and really went to town on it.
When the dust had settled, it actually looked okay!
The cheese was a little hard, but the Jagariko had broken down into a convincing copy of mashed potatoes.
fuck my ass

video game nerd gave the frickin kfc hot wings sauceless a bad review and that made me mad cuz they were my favorite as a kid

jes jes currj cup noodles are the best kind totallj

also you didn't hear it from me but i got a few packets of szechuan sauce before it ran out forever and it is indistinguishable from teriyaki sauce/korean bbq sauce. no distinction to be made. literally the same thing.

surrender it

surrender what

i ate it already it's long gone

i ate a plate of tacos and i feel like i'm gonna throw up again

Today I Fried up some kielbasa with some onions and green pepper and cauliflower rice in a little Italian dressing. My son hated it.

i made dinner tonight again

and it wasn't even undercooked this time!

(i know because the food thermometer registered it at 177 ish degrees)

so there's definitely no way i'm getting food poisoning tonight

edit: after taking a bite, i can confirm that the starch i prepared was indeed undercooked. and so was the veggies. but not the protein! so yay success i guess it's edible

i can tell i undercooked the veggies because the onion still leaves that raw aftertaste and the rice is still hard in the center

tastes good though

Veggies take much longer typically. Especially if you want them soft

Here's what I do for rice. I double the amount of water I put in as I do rice. Example. 1 cup of rice 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and then turn it down to 2 and put a lid on it.. then let it sit for or 20 minutes.

I like to take a little butter, and Sautee some chopped onion with some garlic(powdered or fresh) then some knorr , caldo de tomato con savor de Pollo in it(a tomato, chicken bouillon.
Then I throw rice in and use the 2:1 ratio with the water. And follow the above steps

Here's what I do for rice. I double the amount of water I put in as I do rice. Example. 1 cup of rice 2 cups of water. Bring it to a boil and then turn it down to 2 and put a lid on it.. then let it sit for or 20 minutes.

this scares me because that's exactly how my mom taught me to make rice and I usually do 1 cup rice 2 cups water

Meme
This is my 369th post
Nice

this scares me because that's exactly how my mom taught me to make rice and I usually do 1 cup rice 2 cups water

I guess that's a sign that it's a good ratio to use (also samsung can you delete that image it's taking up way too much space)

huh

all the youtube videos i watched suggested a 1.5:1 but i guess it’s worth a shot next time