ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
Kind of warms my heart to read you say that. Also, its been really nice having you around the forum again. I missed you, Chet.

And I you, buddy.

You still logging and farming?

Always. But lately I've been bailing hay every goddamn day. Also been dealing with some folks that are building a big ass solar farm on my land. https://www.google.com/amp/s/wset.com/amp/news/local/1200-acre-solar-farm-in-the-works-on-climax-road-in-gretna

Jeez. I can't actually bale hay well I get hay fever and my skin breaks out. Same with tomato plants.

Wait, how is a solar farm able to build on your land? Isn't that illegal?

Oh no. They're renting the land on a 30 year lease. For now. If it works well I'm sure they'll reup. It's all in the article. They're still building it. Most of the land is ours.

W_Licky said:
sus

DING DING DING DING DING DING DING
DINGDINGDING

check

Oh OK, so when you said dealing I was thinking like it was a hassle, but I'm guessing this is an overall good thing otherwise they wouldn't rent out to them?

Oh yeah. Big money maker. Way more than we'd make what we grow there. Couple people bitched about the glare it'll make, but I don't care. Only one person was really hesitant.

Gray, Christine, Jordan. And I don't know them irl, but they still feel like old friends.

I'm not an admin here any more :P I retired ages ago.

Oh yeah. Still counts though. Known you forever. Always nice to catch up. Get whatever chemical reaction that happens when you talk to someone you like.

I'm glad my boyfriend and housemate (also my ex) can bond over sharing their weed guy.

This is not where I expected my life to be at.

I didn't know weed was chill in AUS.

Uhh chill with cops? No. Chill with the delinquents I somehow keep attracting, as someone who has never done a weed in her life? Definitely.

My friend doesn't have cancer! Her liver is just deteriorating rather quickly but, hey, at least there is nothing new wrong.

Despite still not being great for her liver, not-cancer is better than cancer

Liv said:
I'm glad my boyfriend and housemate (also my ex) can bond over sharing their weed guy.

This is not where I expected my life to be at.

Recreational marijuana use becomes legal in Virginia on July 1st. I thought it would years before it happened. Soon it'll be a big money maker for the state.

aprzn123 said:
Despite still not being great for her liver, not-cancer is better than cancer

Absolutely. No chemo is the best chemo.

Always. But lately I've been bailing hay every goddamn day. Also been dealing with some folks that are building a big ass solar farm on my land. https://www.google.com/amp/s/wset.com/amp/news/local/1200-acre-solar-farm-in-the-works-on-climax-road-in-gretna

I got confused when I saw Gretna because that’s near me but then it said county and then I knew it wasn’t Louisiana’s Gretna.

Yeah. It's not actually in Gretna. That's just the closest town. I live in an unincorporated territory called Climax, VA.

My friend doesn't have cancer! Her liver is just deteriorating rather quickly but, hey, at least there is nothing new wrong.

That's good to hear! I mean, not the liver bit, but at least no cancer is good.

if you hire 9 year olds then you probably aren't abiding child labor laws

Meanwhile, in the neighboring state of New Hampshire...

can you enlist children into the military

If your parents sign off on it, you can be enlisted as a 17 year old in the US

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts