ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Question and Their Answers
Being entertaining and having sufficient money to chuck it at a charity for brownie points do not make up for being racist. It's not like he did it in the 90s. These things are from 2017-2019. That's recent as hell.

i don't watch him. i just don't like seeing people being punching bags for the press

But I need to punch something and actual punching bags are expensive. I can’t keep punching brick walls or trees, that hurts.

hook or tape a pillow to the wall or ceiling

i don't watch him. i just don't like seeing people being punching bags for the press

Why?

would you want to be slandered just because you're an easy target?

hook or tape a pillow to the wall or ceiling
Pillows aren’t firm enough.

would you want to be slandered just because you're an easy target?

Slander would mean that the accusations are untrue. In this case, it is people holding an extremely popular public figure in the youtube community accountable for his words and actions.

If I do something wrong, I will take whatever consequences are merited and not whine about something my own poor behaviour wrought. And, yeah, it's not slander when it's true. It's just honesty. How dare people accurately state things I've done?

Wait so slander has to be untrue?

Yes, at least in the US. And it has to damage their reputation somehow. (I think we're technically talking about libel here, which is written while slander is spoken).
And in the US if you say something that is technically true but is misleading it can be defined as slander. If it's against a public official (and apparently also celebrities), you have to prove that the slanderer was being knowingly mistruthful or reckless with their research. Slander against regular old people is just mistruth, whether the slanderer knew it was wrong or not.

Yes. Why would it be slander to say something that's true?

Is it time to move this elsewhere? What does this discussion have to do with Q&A?

Let’s change the topic away from Pewdiepie. More of a discussion for the touchy subjects section.

Favorite number 0-10?

2 (6%)
2 (6%)
2 (6%)
2 (6%)
4 (13%)
1 (3%)
3 (9%)
10 (31%)
2 (6%)
2 (6%)
2 (6%)

Well, if you go to North Korea and say 'Kim Jung-un is fat and a terrible ruler', it is true but definitely illegal.
In South Korea the relevant part of the legal code doesn't mention that the slander has to be false. There are provisions for if what you said was true and you said it only in the public interest, but that's one hell of a loophole. And also defamation is a criminal matter and not a civil one, so... Yay we can jail journalists who report on our misdeeds!
Source.

2 (6%)
Aw but 3 is such a great number.

Well 8 is 2^3 so who's the real winner here?

3 is the number of people in a family if the parents aren't divorced and have a single child

and the number of legs on a tripod

and the father and the son and the holy spirit

what a special number, 3 is.

Triangles are also the strongest shape by themselves!

But 2×3=6, which is why hexagons are the bestagons.

triangles and hexagons are 66% of the regular polygons that can tesselate

the remaining 33% is literally a poser trying to be two triangles at once

It's a magic number.

gws said:
But 2×3=6, which is why hexagons are the bestagons.

I’m assuming you have watched the CGP Grey video by the same title. If you have, then you know that:

When you put 3 hexagons together, they become incredibly strong! Because the vertex in the middle has 3 lines connected to, whenever you pull or push on one side of the shape, the other sides push or pull equally back. Shit, I’m bad at explaining. But basically all 3 hexagons are strong when put together because they share 33.33333333333333...% of the weight!

3 is the best number.

What operating system is your computer?
Windows
26 (62%)
MacOS
6 (14%)
Chrome OS
4 (10%)
Android
0 (0%)
Linux
2 (5%)
Other
1 (2%)
I’m a nerd and dual-boot or otherwise have two or more operating system (Please specify).
3 (7%)

Which is your favourite cardinal direction?

North 11 (28%)
East 12 (30%)
South 4 (10%)
West 13 (33%)

Why so little love for South?

Forum > General Discussion > Your Question and Their Answers