ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
Today is turning out to be a pretty good day.

Weather on my computer says, "84F Haze"

Edit: Now it says "84F Rain coming"

I just made a A on a hard test and I can’t make my smile go away.

Good for you!

Spent so long on a narrative and basically skimmed the last article in half a minute.

Edit: Lovely message from Spanish teacher (I don't have her til Jan)

"You do not need to be inspanish clob to get the shirt."

What's this clob? it sound Instresting. inspanish is also nice

I just spent 5 straight hours programming a basic html site with—Get this— a single intractable JavaScript button.

Anyway, this computer science class is fun. I’m enjoying learning how to program, and I love that I’m learning skills that I can actually apply to something and work with. I’m having fun doing side-projects outside of class, which is a first for me with school. Currently I only know basic web design with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS; but I can only get better, right?

Currently I only know basic web design with HTML, JavaScript, and CSS; but I can only get better, right?

Unless you plan on going into web design, throw away that HTML and CSS knowledge*, and focus heavily on the JS. Once you get your understanding of JS down, move on to Python and start learning standard control flow (I.E. not event-based) and the basics of object oriented, as well as some basic data manipulation. Then move on to Java, which should be pretty easy to pick up by then.

Just ignore C/C++ for as long as you can.

*Keep it on hand, as being able to do web stuff is always useful, but don't focus on it.

Yea that's what I planned to do. I'm learning Java in the class soon, but Javascript hasn't been to difficult to teach myself so far.

So, uh... strange thing happened.

The end of band, me and a few friends were just messing around and singing stupid songs. Then, someone started singing The Wellerman. By the end of it, there were, 15 people singing it. Like... Do that many people just happen to know the lyrics to The Wellerman just off the top of their head?

That being said, it is a very catchy song.

Well, e-bag, there once was a ship that was sent to sea

The name of the ship was the Billy O' Tea,

The winds blew up, her bow dipped down

Blow my bully boys blow, HEY!

Soon may the wellerman come

To bring us sugar and tea and rum.

One day, when the tonguing is done

We'll take our leave and go.

Never heard of it.

What?

Never heard of it.

Excuse me, you never heard of it?

Me neither.

Oh boy, sea shanties feel so familiar when I hear them yet so foreign.

Maybe it's because I played Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and heard shanties all the time. There is a good chance it's just the Mandela effect making me recognize that tune.

Nah, an artist I occasionally listen to made a sea shanty, which lead me to Wellerman.

Oh boy, sea shanties feel so familiar when I hear them yet so foreign.

Maybe it's because I played Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag and heard shanties all the time. There is a good chance it's just the Mandela effect making me recognize that tune.

Those shanties are cool though. Nothing better than your band of murderous pirates singing as you sail.

I also have never heard of this shanty, E-bag.

i am back hello hi
its me dumbkeara

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts