ForumGeneral Discussion ► Your Train of Thoughts
Ouch. I'm trying to figure out if I have an essay due this morning that I haven't worked on at all.

Oh dang, what happened Jash?

Just... shit. Haha last semester I had a huge problem with mental health issues and flunked damn near everything, and then this semester I spent half of it too sick to go to class. That put me far behind, stressed me out, exacerbated the mental health issues, and I'm failing again.

Most of it is my fault, but yeah it sucks ass and I'm just gonna have to wait and see what happens. Maybe I need to take some time off anyways.

Hey dude it happens. Failing seven or so classes isn’t the end of the world. Good luck, man. Just keep going if you can. I was just there in a similar spot. Failed a shit load of classes and couldn’t get to class half the time for medical reasons.

How far into it are you? How many hours left?

Oh, I'm way too far into it to give up. I've been in school since '12 working for this and have done my three co-op rotations, so I have experience and know that this is what I want to do. It's just a matter of getting my shit together and maybe having good luck once in a while. To answer your other question, depending on how this semester finishes, I have between 32 and 41 hours of required classes for my degree.

Also

evergreen said:
Ouch. I'm trying to figure out if I have an essay due this morning that I haven't worked on at all.

I relate to that way too much. I found out at 8 pm last night (halfway through a 5 hour round trip drive) that I had a Thermo II test at 8 am I didn't know about because I missed all of that class last week due to an asshole roommate. So yeah, I haven't slept yet, but here's to hoping I did well.

Ah I see, yeah you’re super close. You know what to do, summer classes and scheduling manageable work loads. Your school’ll let you retake things, right? And see if you can pull something like - I changed my major to what’s essentially the same major but made it so the F I got in phys-chem didn’t matter anymore. So like 32 hours, take at least 3 or 4 over a summer semester if you can, that puts you at 2 semesters of like 14 hours.

You’ll get your good luck, man.

Forum > General Discussion > Your Train of Thoughts