ForumHobbies ► Video Streaming
I'm pretty sure there was a thread here a long, long time ago on livestreaming, but I have reservations about resurrecting a thread that's dead and buried.

I want to get into streaming on Twitch; I have most of the things I need to start: I have a streaming account and OBS (which I need to learn how to use). The last thing I need is a capture card for older games, but I have no clue which one to get.

If there's anyone out there who could lend a hand, I'm looking for a USB capture card that's capable of 60 frames at 480p with composite input. Also, is it possible to hook a system to a TV and have the capture card pick up the video feed and transmit it to my PC? I'd like to avoid having video lag.

I don’t really know much about it, but I’d love to watch if you’d be open to that!

I've streamed here and there on YouTube from my PS4 just for the fun of it. Somehow it reels in new viewers and subs unlike anything else I do on YouTube.

My DnD group streams most weeknights. You can check us out here if you want.

D&D is something else I'd like to do for online consumption, either via podcast or through Twitch, but I don't have the hardware for either. No microphones (save for the one on my headset) or booms, cameras (save for my webcam) or stands.

I did give you a follow, Brendan; I'll try to stop in next time you play!

So, not to beat a dead horse, but....

I've at last started streaming! If any of you are interested, why not drop me a follow on Twitch.tv?

Forum > Hobbies > Video Streaming