ForumHobbies ► Plants/gardens
Grow plants. Grow at least a plant. I don’t care if you get a young, live plant or start with seeds. Just grow plants. Plants love you. Plants don’t do anything wrong to you. They’re the purest lifeforms on earth. Start a symbiotic relationship with a plant. Any plant. My friends are named belladonna (night shade is its nickname), datura (aka jimson weed), brugmansia (aka angel trumpet), morning glory, passionflower, salvia, and many many peppers. Grow plants. Grow plants. Grow plants.Grow plants. Grow plants...

Just don't eat belladonna.

It’s in general a good idea to not eat any of the plants I tend to grow.

I killed my cactus.

My mint plants have plans for world domination. I'm so proud of them.

They're being harvested right now.

I killed my cactus.
How?
Coldfrost said:
My mint plants have plans for world domination. I'm so proud of them.
This is my favorite thing about mint plants. You plant a couple of them then when you come back in a couple months, you’ve got an army of them.
W_Licky said:
They're being harvested right now.
What are you harvesting?

Your head.

I'm harvesting souls

Nuh uh, none of that in gardens. Don’t fuck with plants, man, they’ve never done anything mean to you. They’ve only been nice to you for your whole life. Thorns? I think you mean love needles.

What do you think I'm doing

I'm giving life to a tiny little flower

I killed my cactus.
How?

Well, I forgot to water it for about a few months, and it was fine. And then I moved and put it in a closet for a few months and forgot about it, and it was fine. And then (I forget why), I left it without dirt for a while, and it was fine. And then I put it in dirt in the sun and watered it infrequently, and it died.

I do not have any parental instincts.

I have started growing potatoes on the balcony. They are doing so well. They're good little plants.

Do you eat lots of potatoes

I killed my cactus.
How?

Well, I forgot to water it for about a few months, and it was fine. And then I moved and put it in a closet for a few months and forgot about it, and it was fine. And then (I forget why), I left it without dirt for a while, and it was fine. And then I put it in dirt in the sun and watered it infrequently, and it died.

I do not have any parental instincts.
First thing I'm wondering is why you put it in a closet.
W_Licky said:
Your head.
If you like heads, you might like mandrakes. They're fun to grow.

*Internal Screaming*

First thing I'm wondering is why you put it in a closet.

You know how when you move into a place, you first just shove everything wherever it will fit and actually arrange it properly later? I forgot the second step.

Don’t take offense to this, but maybe algae would be a better, uh, ‘plant’ for you lmao. Like that cool scummy slime stuff on wet ground in spring and summer. No work involved and it grows wherever it wants. At least you tried a symbiotic relationship with a plant though.

I take no offence. The cactus was a gift. I wouldn't buy a plant myself. I know my limitations. I'm not sure I'd enjoy possessing algae. My partner, however, hoards plants and occasionally I will come home to see him looking at me like a dog that destroyed a couch and learn that we have yet another plant in our apartment. His stay alive, though.

I killed my cactus.

My cat killed my cactus :(

Three days away from planting my nightshade seeds. I've had to let them soak in water in my fridge for two weeks to simulate snow-melt.

Some of my plants are being attacked by bugs. Others are just starting to come up from seeds. Other seeds are germinating. When I commit genocide against some bugs later today, I’ll post pictures of everything.

How did it go?

Forum > Hobbies > Plants/gardens