ForumHobbies ► Tea!
Sweet tea is really good but it's a disgrace to traditional tea. Tea should not be sweet. Sweet tea is not tea. It is a beverages. Better than carbonated beverages tho. Those are disgusting.

Tea can be sweet, you little weirdo. Go hang out with George Orwell.

I wish decaf orange pekoe tea was actually 0 caffeine. I really like it, but I hate caffeine. Alas. I have some tea in a zip-lock bag labelled "Special mix tea for lady", because some guy in Turkey sold it to my mom. I don't know what kind of tea it is, because that's all the labelling it has, but it's very aesthetically pleasing tea.

Meanwhile I’m wishing tea had more caffeine.
I also prefer my tea without sugar.

Tea can be sweet, you little weirdo.

Tea isn’t meant to be sweet.

Sweet tea is delicious tho, as a drink. Not real tea.

British tea is not real tea. It’s a glorified spinoff of Chinese tea. Orwell saying milk in tea sounds weird.

Hot tea is better than iced tea.

Tea is tea. Just leaf water. Sometimes it's spicy, sometimes it's not.

W_Licky said:
Tea isn’t meant to be sweet.

Sweet tea is delicious tho, as a drink. Not real tea.

British tea is not real tea. It’s a glorified spinoff of Chinese tea. Orwell saying milk in tea sounds weird.

Hot tea is better than iced tea.

'Meant' by who? Is there a secret Tea Government I'm not aware of? Why isn't British tea tea?

It’s tea all right. It’s just got Brit all over it. Very different from Chinese tea.

Tea is tea. Just leaf water. Sometimes it's spicy, sometimes it's not.

You boil it. But yeah, it’s leaf water. Not with milk and sugar and other stuff.

So it is 'real tea'?

"Real tea or not" is an objective question over a uselessly broad definition. I prefer the interpretation that if it is made of C. Sinensis then it's tea and the less of anything else then the more real it is.

It's tea if we use it as tea.

The debate over if something is tea or not is weird. You can keep it simple and say "if it has the tea plant it's tea, if it does not, it's not tea" but what about using other distinctly flavored plants such as mint tea, cacao tea, or black birch tea? What distinguishes coffee from just being a type of tea? After all, it also is just part of a plant that was infused into hot water, just differently.

If you dissolved a body in acid would it be cadaver tea?

If you drank it it would be.

I dont drink tea, coffee, or energy drinks, but I do drink water, juice, and fizzy drinks so you wont see me much in this thread

I agree that if you drink it as tea then it is tea. Tea is a culture.

Coffee is not tea because coffee has its own culture.

For the structural argument, it's not because it's roasted, because we have some traditional teas like Hōjicha that are roasted green teas. We can't say no because it isn't a tea plant because there are plenty of things like mint and chamomile that are not tea plants but make what is commonly regarded as tea. We can't even say it's not because it's not leaves because like Sassafras tea is made from roots and there are bark teas. Similar arguments against grinding for stuff like matcha. So coffee not being regarded as tea is very much a culture thing.

So is the definition of tea.

I have helped my some of my non-tea-drinker friends finally understand the awesomeness of tea. They love it. As expected.

The only tea these guys have had before (somehow) is McDonalds Sweet Iced McTea.

jajaja. emma is going fvcking insane over green tea rn

It warms the soul! I can see why her cold empty heart loves it so much.

Man, you really do not like Emma, do you?

No, she's cool. She's goth and a little edgy, though.

And I mean the real goth, not just "Life is pain", black hair, fake scars, etc.

question: which is better. tea or coffee

i honestly dont like coffee too much but ill probably mature into it

Tough decision. I love both.

neither

tea

Forum > Hobbies > Tea!