ForumHobbies ► Tea!
Local ice cream places make Chai Tea flavored ice cream these days.

That sounds dope.

Local ice cream places make Chai Tea flavored ice cream these days.

I've never seen that; that sounds delicious! I'm a huge fan of green tea ice cream.

What are y'all's opinions on the loose leaf vs bagged tea divide? Personally I love me some loose leaf, but tea bags are great too* and honestly better for some situations.

* As long as they're not those newfangled plasticky ones. I like the old papery ones that I can just chuck in the compost pile whole when I'm done.

Green tea ice cream is good, I agree. Red bean is even better.

Loose leaf for me.

I need some tea right now. Some warm jasmine tea.

Red tea ice cream sounds fantastic! I love red bean bubble tea, but I've never seen it in ice cream form... there's so many things in this world, my goodness.

And yum, jasmine. Jasmine green tea is my go-to drink when I really need to focus on something. Does anyone else associate specific teas with specific scenarios or purposes?

i love lemon tea, today i had raspberry though, it was good and very american of me

Smoke said:
opinions on the loose leaf vs bagged tea divide? Personally I love me some loose leaf, but tea bags are great too* and honestly better for some situations.

Bagged tea is the broken bits that fall out of processing whole-leaf tea; it's industrial leftovers. They're not grinding up the good stuff to ship to America in bags.

My experience: Some is good, most is not. Brew bagged black tea in cooler-than-boiling water at double strength for two minutes tops and you should can get some good flavor without cooking the leaves too badly.

Forum > Hobbies > Tea!