ForumHobbies ► Dungeons & Dragons
I'm scared about the new One D&D system.

I think I'm too comfortable with 5e.

Just don't play it then. Nobody's holding a gun to your head.

This is how Pathfinder got started. D&D is basically designed for homebrewing to infinity and back, and you can adopt (or abandon, or tweak), whatever content or rules you want.

D&D is definitely a game where you can do anything the DM allows. Like me allowing my friends to make a character they can make as overpowered as they want, but I will scale the encounters accordingly

KylIjoy said:
Just don't play it then. Nobody's holding a gun to your head.

I think that's fair. I'm just looking back on the dynamic of 3.5e players to 5e players right now, and how it might be like that for 5e and One D&D once it releases out of playtest.

I'm DMing my first big session and it was really fun! All of the party members were really nice to me and they killed a demon cat. Except for one who got murdered because everyone else was too busy fighting the demon.

KylIjoy said:
This is how Pathfinder got started. D&D is basically designed for homebrewing to infinity and back, and you can adopt (or abandon, or tweak), whatever content or rules you want.

In light of the OGL fiasco, this statement has aged very poorly.

CapriSun said:
I'm DMing my first big session and it was really fun! All of the party members were really nice to me and they killed a demon cat. Except for one who got murdered because everyone else was too busy fighting the demon.

ok but wyn was a good npc and kaida didn’t even like me so i think saving wyn is justified

Kaida was your sister, Wyn was some random 10-year-old you met an hour ago.

Forum > Hobbies > Dungeons & Dragons