ForumHobbies ► Your first gaming system
Which one was the first one you played a game on?

I believe mine was either a PlayStation or Nintendo 64, it is hard for me to remember things from that long ago. I know growing up I had a regular Nintendo, Sega Geneses, PlayStation 1, and Nintendo 64, but I don't quite remember which one was first. I also went through the 3 gameboys, first the big one, then the skinny one, then the one that came after that. Around junior high school is when I got my PS2, which kept me occupied until I traded in a huge collection of games from it to get a PS3 while I was in college I think.

Mine was a Sega Genesis.

Sonic the Hedgehog for the win. We had one for a long time, but it eventually broke.

GameBoy Color. Pokemon Yellow version.

Nintendo 64 with Super Mario 64 and Ocarina of Time.

^ Same, plus Goldeneye.

Does PC count?

Yes, it does.

Then that.

N64. My first game ever was Diddy Kong Racing.

Some of my earliest gaming memories were of me forcing my parents to play either Zelda or Banjo Kazooie on 64 so I could watch them. It was better than tv to me.

Tomb Raider on Playstation 1.

But now I have an Atari so I just play that. (:

Game Boy Color, then Playstation

Second gaming system I played on was the NES. I loved that thing. :P

Some of my earliest gaming memories were of me forcing my parents to play either Zelda or Banjo Kazooie on 64 so I could watch them. It was better than tv to me.

Oh yeah, Banjo Kazooie. High five!

PlayStation. My first games were Crash Bandicoot 2, Spyro and Gran Turismo 2. All great games.

NES.

Duck Hunt FTW.

Nintendo 64 was my first, too. Donkey Kong 64 was like candy.

That is to say, I ate the cartridge.

Didn't you need a special thingy for Donkey Kong 64?

I don't think so, Mac.

Yeah, you needed one of these.

Huh... I don't remember having that when I revisited the game a couple years ago to finish it. Guess I must have had it.

Mine was an Atari 2600. I got it when I was six.

Super nintendo, Final fantasy 2 and Starfox. I still have both and play the f*ck out of them.

Intellivision. It was made by Mattel in the 70's and early 80's. I remember Dungeons and Dragons, Snafu, Tron: Deadly Discs and some game where you had to climb a tower. I think it also had a very early version of Frogger too. That console would get so hot you could fry an egg on it. I played the crap out of the original NES though. Who remembers Battletoads?!

Forum > Hobbies > Your first gaming system