ForumHobbies ► Pokemon, Part 2!
Welcome back, dear friends.

Shall we continue our discussion?

Someone I know (who is a big D&D nut and a Pokémon fan) wants to take a twenty-sided die and attach pictures of the first 20 Pokémon in the Kanto Pokédex to each face. That way, he can shout, "I got a natural Raticate!"

I just want to see him groan about rolling a Bulbasaur....

I was thinking about carving my own dice, but I have no idea what I'd use them for.
Currently playing: Pokemon FireRed, Explorers of Darkness, Explorers of Sky, and I was trying out Pokemon Pinball.

Pinball's an excellent little time-waster; I love it, even though I'm not really good....

My reactions to FireRed and LeafGreen are pretty mixed: Yes, we're back in Kanto, but I don't get the same feeling I get when I play Red/Blue as when I play their remakes.

As for the Mystery Dungeon series, don't even get me started on those blatant imposters. In short, I hate them.

Omg. My two passions on one die?! It cannot be!

Haha, my friend Jesse and I would actually care about the same thing for once. He's DnD obsessed, whereas I love my Pokemon. :)

How can you hate the Mystery Dungeon series? Those were amazing!

Getting KO'd in two hits by a Starly in a low-level dungeon is not amazing, by any stretch of the word. The only thing in common these cursed rogue-likes have with the real McCoy is character designs. Everything else is different: the combat, leveling, *everything*! If I want my Pokémon fix, I'll play Blue or Silver, NOT "Izuna: The Unemployed Ninja: Special Pokémon Edition".

Oni, I am amused. :)

Getting two-hit KOd by a Starly? Prohaps you're just not GOOD at the game. I didn't get KOd once until the later dungeons.

Well, bully for you, Isaac.

I love Pokemon. I know every single one and can recite them all, as well as their types and even some of their starting moves and moves they can learn. I have watched every single Pokemon episode even the Chronicles and every movie except that one that's only in Japanese for some reason. I own Soul Silver, Firered, Pearl, Diamond, Mystery Dungeon Explorers of Darkness and another Mystery Dungeon (I forget the name).

... No love for yellow, blue, or red? Crystal?

:(

No 1st gen means no MissingNo. :(

You're talking to an individual who grew up in the 90's.

Ah, a simpler time... a better time.

A time when 250 Pokemon and two regions did kids good for 60 hours and more.

I love the first two generations to death.

I've played some of the originals. They were fabulous. My favorite Pokémon of all time... 'M, Missingno.'s evil twin.

The music is pretty fantastic, too. I especially enjoyed the BGM from RSE.

What do you guys think about the upcoming games, Black and White? I feel that too much has been changed. Although it's possible that they will be fun to play, I believe the Pokémon series ends with HGSS.

Nothing has really changed, and that's the problem. The series hasn't evolved. It's still using the same old formula.

Amen, Mac.

Agreed. This new generation doesn't offer anything new to the series. I'd say more, but I'll end up ranting.

Really, I wish they would retire the whole bit. From the looks of the new generation designs, they're fast running out of ideas. It's almost like Pokemon's going to make a Sienfeld's Unfunny situation off of itself, and I'd hate to see that happen to a series I grew up with.

Gosh, I was such a Poke-dork when I was little. Shirts, cards, stuffed animals, games...the whole bit. I quit following after the second generation when I beat Silver. From what's been said in this forum, it sounds like that was a wise decision.

Nooooooo! I can't believe it!

I lost my satchel! It had my copies of Blue and Silver, along with a GB Light! It had my DS in it, too. I must have lost it up at school. I hope someone had the decency to turn it in to Lost and Found. I'll have to call and ask tomorrow. It's a good thing I have the serial numbers written down....

I am firm in my belief that there was never another pokemon game made after Crystal. Fire Red? Pearl? Huh? These words have no meaning to me.

The new silver version almost makes me want to buy an old DS. Almost.

It's just like the original, only prettier-looking.

EDIT (2-18-2011 23:32)- Yays! I got my satchel back! Turns out one of the employees at a lounge I frequent found it and kept it safe.

Kinda sleepy up here, innit?

I restarted my Red Version recently. My current party:

Scirocco (Charmander)- Lv. 25- Ember, Scratch, Growl, Leer
Qora (Pikachu)- Lv. 25- Thundershock, Quick Attack, Thunder Wave, Growl
Xavier (Nidoking)- Lv. 25- Thrash, Horn Attack, Poison Sting, Leer
Athena (Butterfree)- Lv. 25- Confusion, Tackle, Stun Spore, Sleep Powder
Kaiser (Beedrill)- Lv. 25- Twineedle, Fury Attack, Poison Sting, String Shot

EDIT (3-4-2011 18:40): What, does no one want to talk anymore?

So, Black and White versions have been released stateside. Has anyone picked it up?

Forum > Hobbies > Pokemon, Part 2!