ForumHobbies ► Skating! :D
Who likes to skate? Favorite tricks? Tricks you're working on? Favorite pros? Talk about it here, preferably skateboards, but ice skating, inline, any kind of skating is fine, this is the thread for it.

Do Tony Hawk games count?

He's kind of a sell out but sure why not :P he made his contribution to skating and that counts as something dosent it?

At first I thought you meant Rollerskating, then I thought you meant Ice-skating, but now I think you mean skateboarding, which I depressingly do not do.

I guess if this is a skateboarding thread, then longboarding would fall here as well. I don't do very many 'tricks' per se, other than carving hills.

I thought he meant ice-skating at first, too. I thought, "Uh-huh. Ice-skating. Well, not my thread."
Skateboarding is okay. My cousin is "professional," I think.

My brother is constantly skateboarding, but he keeps going through boards. I swear we've bought him like 5 or 6 in the past two years.

I tried out my friend's skateboard once.

I failed, terribly. That's when I switched to pogo stick-ing.

I can't skate to save my life anymore. Ever since I lost my foot, I don't have the balance or the flexure to properly use a board or skates.

I once tried to do an ollie or what it's called. But instead I managed to land a kickflip, I have no idea how I did it, but at least I did!

5 or 6 boards in 2 years? That's actually pretty good. I go through probably 5 in a year.

Well because this thread isn't specific about the type of skating...

I love rollerskating. I don't see how people can find it hard. I've never had trouble with it. I use in line skates, except my old pair are too small and I need to buy some new ones, which is annoying because my old pair looked awesome! They are red and black and so cool.

Well because this thread isn't specific about the type of skating...

I love rollerskating. I don't see how people can find it hard. I've never had trouble with it. I use in line skates, except my old pair are too small and I need to buy some new ones, which is annoying because my old pair looked awesome! They are red and black and so cool.

I changed the parameters for this thread so more people can enjoy it :D sorry for the misleading title.

I once used to skateboard. I couldn't do many flip tricks, only pop pop shove its, and I could do some different slides and grinds, I could ollie over a 4 stack, and if I had a half foot ramp (not big, but it makes a huge difference), I could make it over like an 8 or 9 stack. I loved launch ramps, had about a 5 foot one built in my back yard, with a 7-8 foot quarter pipe to drop down from (for speed), so I was pretty good at grab tricks, too. I could manual for about 15-30 seconds tops (I know that ain't long, I had a friend who could do a one-footed manual down a hill for like minutes), and the stupidest thing I ever did was let a friend of mine pull me on his dirt bike. He started going to fast, board got wobbly, and I fell.

I changed the parameters for this thread so more people can enjoy it :D sorry for the misleading title.

That's alright! Aw, man. I just realised I missed my 100th post. Dammit. I was gonna make a big thing out of it. Well I'm getting off topic.

I should really start skateboarding looks like lots o' fun.

Oasis- I can't manual that long either.
And yea, skateboarding is tons of fun. My dad took my board yesterday for not wearing a helmet, but I only do flatground tricks. WTF?

Forum > Hobbies > Skating! :D