ForumHobbies ► Gears of War
Gears of War is one of my favorite games, I love the story to it and the blood and gore, and it had one of the most saddest things i have ever seen in a video game when Dom found his wife.
Long live the Carmines.

Don't you mean short live the Carmines?

Got a point.

Great game
Already pre-ordered the third.

I've been playing the Beta on a friend's account. It's pretty solid. I'm more of a Halo fan, but I have spent quite a bit of time playing gears in the past. I'm looking forward to the third installment.

I only own the first one, and that's because it was gifted to me for Christmas a couple years back. I thought it was okay; the combat system was solid, but everything is so neutrally colored (I had trouble discerning my teammates from the guys I was supposed to be shooting), and the main characters looked and sounded like they were suffering from acute testosterone poisoning.

WHERE'S MY WIFE?!!!! I agree with oni-ni-kanaboh when you say that everyone has WAY too much testosterone but that's the great thing about gears of war. I own gears of war 2 and that's enough for me. You never really know how much you love violence until you play these games. FOR HORDE!!!!

I love gears, The third is one of the many games under my preorder belt

I do have to admit, though, that using the Hammer of Dawn was extremely satisfying.

Gears is my favorite campaign game. The fact that you can play co-op campaign is awesome and the storyline is great.
I didn't like the online feature too much. It seems like if you're not host or have host connection, you have no chance, this is why I stopped playing it online.
Also I have to agree that when Dom found his wife, it was incredibly sad. I nearly cried.

Gears is my favorite campaign game. The fact that you can play co-op campaign is awesome and the storyline is great.
I didn't like the online feature too much. It seems like if you're not host or have host connection, you have no chance, this is why I stopped playing it online.
Also I have to agree that when Dom found his wife, it was incredibly sad. I nearly cried.

The campaign was indeed epic, but I prefer Reach's campaign gameplay wise. I like Gear's story more, though.

Forum > Hobbies > Gears of War