ForumHobbies ► TCaS Marching Toucans
I've seen quite a few of us, but who all is/has been in marching band?

*(People in parenthesis play multiple instruments)

So far:

Drum Major:
1.(nicksonofjohn)

Flute:
1.~ƒrivolity~
2.CaptainLiv
3.jaxxie
4.josh1

Clarinet:
1.(MagicalLegume)
2.cool7girl7
3.(FlyingUnicorns)

Alto Saxophone:
1.(amissa anima)
2.(FlyingUnicorns)
3.(Nice PHP I/O)

Tenor Saxophone:
1.(MagicalLegume)
2.(nicksonofjohn)
3.(Nice PHP I/O)

Baritone Saxophone:
1.(FlyingUnicorns)
2.(Nice PHP I/O)

Trumpet:
1.(Meow)
2.(Soul)
3.PoliticalDude
4.Fwip
5.(FlyingUnicorns)
6.ArthurKock

Mellophone:
1.(Meow)
2.ecr674

Baritone:
1.APG
2.(Whovian)

Sousaphone:
1.(Meow)

Pit:
1.Isaac
2.(Soul)
3.(Carpe Diem)
4.starkindler
5.(Whovian)
6.(Blueagle)

Drum Line:
1.(Carpe Diem)
2.(Blueagle)

Colorguard:
1.Sami
2.(amissa anima)

Oh how much I love you for making this. Haha
I march trumpet. And you know...do cool stuff like win state champion ships two years in a row...
Sorry. I had to brag.

Nah it's cool! We got 2nd in States 2 years ago, 8th last year, and currently we're seeded as 4th, but we just swept 1A at the competition last night so we might move up =]

Congrats! That had to feel amazing! Where do you play for states? We play in the Tropicana Dome.

The location changes every year, but it is usually college stadium. I wish you the best of luck in your state competition!

13 days! So excited!

That's so cool! What size band?

We are a 2A band, so we aren't that big but that also allows individuals to have a greater chance of being section leader or drum major, which is really cool.

Yeah small bands are awesome! (and able to be a lot cleaner ;)
Are you a section leader?

No, this year and next there are upperclassmen who are better than I am, but in 2014, you never know... I would love to be Drum Major though.

Oh that's right! I forgot you were a Sophomore! Sorry lol...
I think you should try out. =]

I was in the pit, for a little while, on either the marimba or the vibraphone. I don't recall which. Damn, that was so much fun.

I am definitely trying out for Junior Drum Major.

I never knew how this happened but my friend was Junior Drum Major his Sophomore year and ended up being Senior drum Major his Junior and Senior year. He went to a different school though.

He loves it! He's also a trumpet player and just got accepted to Crossmen Drum Corps =]
You remind me A LOT of him, I would LOVE to see you become Drum Major! =]

Ours was on the homecoming court and conducted all dressed up =]

I played trumpet in high school marching band! I also play piano, so I can help out pit department of this imaginary TwoCans marching band.

Oh wow! There's like 4 or 5 trumpets on here! =D

PoliticalDude is his band's trumpet section leader.

I am. My last season is over, now, though. I marched from my eighth grade year to the senior year; it was great fun.

Edit: We're AAAAA.

I nominate Poly as the Marching Toucans Trumpet section leader.

Awh. Why thank you.
I'll link you guys to a video of our state performance, when it get's put on the internet. If any of you have videos, currently, I'd be happy to see them!

I have played both clarinet and tenor sax in a marching band. I play the piano, but I haven't seen a marching band with a piano in the pit.

^We had two synthesizers and a keyboard.

As do I. I, however, know that I would not be comfortable bringing them outside. I don't know what the weather is like in your part of the world, but it rained at roughly fifty percent of the football games I performed at.

Ours was usually pretty dry. If it rained, though, it rained. The show went on. We are hardcore like that.

Actually, our pit crew rigged up instant lean-to's, in case of weather emergency.

Yeah we have a keyboard out there too. =] If it rains, she performs and then rushes off the field (either to the band room at football games or the trailer at competitions) to dry it off as quickly as possible.

It only rained once during a performance this year. We got lucky. The electronics (mics, keyboards, cords) in the pit were just brought inside ASAP afterwards.

You brought the chords inside? Do you carry your chords out to the field with you? Normally, when we needed to make a chord, we'd just play the instruments.

We didn't have mics (or any kind of electronics, for that matter) either. Are these things standard in marching bands?

Forum > Hobbies > TCaS Marching Toucans