ForumHobbies ► Dark Souls
Don't worry about him for now. The loot isn't worth it and he's actually harder than the boss.

Parrying is easy in the first dark souls, I used to farm silver knights that way. But no one is infallible. Be prepared to hastily roll away using my patented technique of screaming, sweating, shaking, and mashing the "dodge" button and then furiously smash the estus button over and over again praying to the sun that you may live to riposte again.

If that fails, remember the "Oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit oh shit" mad man sprint method of dodging every enemy and grabbing your recovery with a ring of soul protection and then at least trying to make it out alive, but have your ring on just in case.

If all else fails you culd just get gud. Wut rings u got bich?

Well I mean, if he's at the first black knight in the game he most likely haven't got any rings yet. Unless he made the jump to the ring of soul protection, which would be pointless.
But hopefully he'll get a hold of Havel's ring soon, and just try to remember when you found it for the first time. I'm sure he'll fall in love with it.

Which reminds me. Plutt, did you start with the Master Key?

Anyone else completed a SL1 run?

The witch's ring is the best starting item. Everything else in the game can crush your soul, but only the witch's ring can break your heart. You monster.

Which reminds me. Plutt, did you start with the Master Key?
No, I did not. I was forced to buy the residence key from the nearby trader, to get to the gold pine resin chest in Undead Burg.

The witch's ring is the best starting item. Everything else in the game can crush your soul, but only the witch's ring can break your heart. You monster.

Hey! I ranked up that covenant by giving her 30 humanity at least twice! Do you know how boring that was? Just standing there for like twenty minutes first using humanity then giving them away, one by one. But I did it for her! So don't go calling me a monster!

Also Plutt, what did you start with then?

I can't by the life of me remember. But it was probably something that'll make you go "HOW DARE YOU, ARE YOU COMPLETELY INSANE?" but yeah, I'm a noob :P

No worries, I started with Twin Humanities my first playthrough.

I think it was the tiny beings ring. But I'm not sure. It's what I'd pick at first glance, without knowing the best benefits of all.

Yeah that's alright.

You might want to exchange it for something better later on though.

(Ninjaflip+Leo 4 lyf.)

I generally go Havel's and FaP. I like to be able to have a lot of variety in my armor.

Punched Asylum Demon to death to start my new faith build. Solid opening, I think.

Also, I'm an idiot. Previously, when I wanted to join Forest Hunters to shop with Shiva, I farmed the 20k souls for the Crest. Now I just take the ladder by the hydra and backtrack to Alvina. I feel dumb

I always get the crest because the door is literally right by the bonfire and its the most convenient thing in the world.

Edit: Also I get the 20k souls back really fast back in the day when it was more active by slaying cats and being a cat and being slayed in my turn.

I'm at the point where I mostly just dupe boss souls if I need souls. I can farm them easily enough, it's just a time saver.

I never even thought of that.

I always buy the crest because I'm lazy. 20k souls isn't really that much anyway, I'm used to throwing away 100k souls on stupid deaths because it's too much work to go get my bloodstain. I rarely spend souls, so when I need to spend souls, I most likely have a bunch saved up already.

Crest isn't lazy! Its literally one exact second from the bonfire so you can go in and out and pvp and meet up with your friends way faster and more reliably.

I think I'm going to stream some Dark Souls challenge runs once Xbox One backwards compatibility is working.

I didn't really like DS1. I loved DS2, though, and I love Demon's Souls. Are we just talking about the first one?

I'm warming up to DS2. I definitely don't like some of the design decisions, though.

Twitch Plays Dark Souls.

I checked that out last night! They were still in the tutorial level, are they still there?

No clue. Never played the game.

They are still in the undead asylum, yes.

Forum > Hobbies > Dark Souls