ForumIntroductions ► Hi snazzy people
Its Dramayama here with the tea

Hello!
I probably have your soul now!
I'll take care of it, don't worry.

What sort of tea? I'm a fan of oolong, myself!

ooh i like black tea

edit: or milk tea if that counts

Isn't milk tea just black tea with mostly milk in it?

I'm more of a black or herbal man myself. Mostly English Breakfast, Earl Grey, or Chamomile.

Welcome.

The proper way to make a nice cup of tea with milk is to pick your favorite black tea (I personally like assam), place the bag in a mug or teacup, and pour over freshly boiled, fresh water (do not use water that has been stagnant for any amount of time). Steep for 3-5 minutes and then remove the bag by scooping it out with a spoon, twisting the string around bag and bowl of the spoon, then pushing on the tea tag with your finger, squeezing the excess liquid back into the cup. That way your finger doesn't get wet and it won't drip whilst bringing it to the wastepaper bin. Then add the milk of your choice (whole milk is the way to go) and a sweetener, if desired.

Pushing on the tea bag is a good way to get additional bitterness, if you're into that sort of thing.

I mean, I'm already drinking black tea which is like the ultimate tannin-rich drink, besides maybe red wine aged in oak barrels, which I also love. And the milk I add helps mellow some of the bitterness, which I don't mind too much in the first place. So yeah, I'm into that sort of thing.

edit: or milk tea if that counts

I don't like to put stuff in - if the tea isn't good enough to drink on its own you might as well get a soda.

Now, milk oolong is something to be experienced.

Zia said:
What sort of tea? I'm a fan of oolong, myself!

What kinds are your favorites so far? I've tried a few fruity rock oolongs, the aforementioned Ali Shan, and of course Tie Guan Yin is a classic for good reason.

On a separate note...

Snazzy Yama, meet our resident spazzy llama.

Forum > Introductions > Hi snazzy people