ForumIntroductions ► where did your username come from?
My username was actually not thought through very well. Iateap0tat0 just sounds like a spam account name or an internet troll. Hopefully, I don't come across that way.

Anyway, I actually signed up for this website, thinking I'd use it once or twice and then forget about it, so I didn't pick a name that I'd care too much about. Now, here I am, on this website for over a year, and with a very strange and often misread username.

When coming up with 'Iateap0tat0', I actually just went back to one of the many Minecraft videos I've watched. I can't even remember the YouTuber, but he wanted to play on a server without anyone knowing who he is. He chose the name 'I ATE A POTATO', and for some reason, that just resonated with me. I'm not even subscribed to him, and I can't even tell you what video this is.

Hence, I chose this name, with a couple of other adjustments to increase the 'what' factor just as a joke to myself. I replaced the 'O's with '0's and made it one large string of text, hence 'Iateap0tat0'.

Now, I know this username was probably a bad idea since the 'l' and 'I' characters are very similar, if not the same, so people read it as 'Late potato'. I actually have created an alt account 'Latep0tat0' as a joke because people kept misreading it, and as a safety net in case this account somehow meets a 'tatering' fate.

aprzn123 said:
Mine has an origin but telling you would give hints as to how to pronounce it and I don't want to do that.

I misread your username when I first encountered you, and now I can't kick the mispronunciation. You will always be "app-zurn" to me.

Like how I will always read iateap0tat0's name as Late Potato

Sometimes even I misread my name as 'late potato'.

Sometimes even I misread my name as 'late potato'.

what did I tell you about being late to class again, potato.

TARDY!

My apologies! I'll try to be on time for next class!

You better, or I'll have to call your parents... again.

Oh no, please don't! I don't want to be sent to the deep frier!

Then don't be late.

Fine, fine. I'll keep a better eye on the time.

Oh no, please don't! I don't want to be sent to the deep frier!

Watch your grammar!

As the former english teacher, i would like to ask what she got wrong with her grammar

In my defence, p0tat0 is not the brightest.

They aren't the sharpest crop in the farm

You could say that. Since I chose 'Iateap0tat0' as a username originally as a joke, I'm actually considering making p0tat0 lore.

First fun farm fact: p0tat0 is an airhead. Figuratively, and literally. All that's in its brain is potato mush and air.

PoikiChoi said:
As the former english teacher, i would like to ask what she got wrong with her grammar

It is fryer, not frier.

There is a reason that you are a FORMER English teacher.

Aren't both spellings grammatically correct, though?

Yes, they are, although "fryer" is a more common spelling.

My username is a pun.

?

Honestly, the name 'eriphoria' fills me with euphoria. It's very nice!

and your username fills me with determination

*meanwhile im listening to megalovania's*

Forum > Introductions > where did your username come from?