ForumIntroductions ► Wassup Beech trees?
Hi, I'm new here, play cello, read, etc. I'm boring.

SOUL CLAIMED

Welcome

Beeches are some of my favorite trees.

Man this intro thread is dead

How do we possibly make this better?

Spoiler text below. Highlight to read.
Mine are spruce

More tree talk? Pines are hard to beat imo. I just love walking trough the woods and finding downed pine limbs and getting huge chunks of hardened sap.

Pohutukawa or Kauri are my favourites.

I just looked those up. Wow kauri trees are amazing.

You bring up an excellent point, but what about kapok?

So apparently there’s a few called kapok and I looked at all of her. They’re really pretty. Have you seen magnolias in person? Beautiful, smell good, fun to climb. A tree I have growing hat I really like is a Brugmansia. They make these downward pointing flowers that are shaped like huge star shaped bells.

My neighbour had a magnolia tree when I was growing up. They look fantastic, but they make mowing the lawn an absolute pain in the ass.

Why’s that? The leaves or the flower buds? The buds can get so huge that they fall off by their own weight. I can see the leaves being like, turned into chunky confetti and fucking up the mower blades.

grandiflora . That’s the kind that are naive here.

Having to empty the mower every minute because the leaves are a pain.

Oh I see. They’re huge and heavy. Hah, actually if you cut one in the right way, you’ll have a really sharp edge.

Make or get a pokin' stick to pick them up. Nail with notches, the leaves stick on it and then you drop a whole stack in the trash.

What about the silver linden? It's really cool up close

gws said:
Make or get a pokin' stick to pick them up. Nail with notches, the leaves stick on it and then you drop a whole stack in the trash.
If it hasn’t been raining too much or if it isn’t too dry then that’s actually not a bad way of going about it.
What about the silver linden? It's really cool up close
I’ve achally never seen a linden tree up close. They look really pretty.

Forum > Introductions > Wassup Beech trees?