ForumRelationships and Stuff ► What do girls look for in a guy?
It strikes me that this thread's initial premise is kind of wacky....what do girls look for in a guy? I dunno, what do girls look for in dinner? It depends a lot on the person, the time of day, the season, what is near by, what they have had recently and what is available.

This thread is very 90s comedy to me. "Women huh, who knows what they're thinking."

Personally I look for a guy with a good sense of humor and is smart, honest, a little weird but comfortable with himself, and kind.

Edit: OH and passion! Not required, but if he has a hobby or interest that he is hard core passionate about, it's really attractive. It's even better if he takes the time to share it with me and teach me stuff about it.

This isn't precisely what I look for in a dude, but I did identify recently that I have three things that are requirements for any romantic partner of any gender. The first is that they must be Leftist. They don't have to be super anarcho communist or anything, they just have to understand where I'm coming from with this stuff and be on the same page. The second is that they have to be comfortable with giving and receiving physical affection. Not wanting to touch me and be touched is just something I can't and have no interest in working around. The third thing is that I can't be with someone who is angry - especially outbursts of anger, and anger used in a controlling way. Obviously everyone is going to snap sometimes to some extent, but I am afraid of anger and it completely shuts me down so I cannot be around that too much. Maybe especially if someone feels like the world is out to get them in particular, and is angry at everything - I can't cope with that sort of thinking.

All other traits are negotiable, I think. I like the same shit as any other person - funny, nice, sexy, intelligent, attractive. My "type" certainly seems to be "effete, super pale white boys from a wealthy background", but all of those things are extremely negotiable.

If you can't get your D3 character to paragon 40+ by the 3rd day playing, you ain't the boy for me.

That being said, I look for humour, appearances, how well he holds his liquor, how he acts when he's drunk, and sexual compatibility.

Level 40 paragon level on third day? Whaaaa? That's nothing though >.>

That's why... it was a joke..........................

.-. I understand that.

The key trait that damn near all women I've ever been with reward in me is shamelessness.

What I look for in a guy.
  • Tall guys generally win with me. You can actually be a less attractive person and height will even that out and make you more attractive to me.
  • Glasses
  • Intelligence is sexy.
  • People who pronounce their words clearly
  • People who are quirky.
  • People who think notably differently than me. There I am impressed by this person who pointed out this mini universe that I never would have noticed without them.
-People who are funny, but even more so, funny in a way that is so subtle it takes you a second and when you realize it's a joke, you're done
You cant help but smile or laugh.
  • Kindness. People who are willing to understand that people in bad situations are usually Doing their best to make it.
  • Willingness to compromise
  • Mutual attraction
  • Can hold a conversation.
  • Makes time for me.
  • Makes me a priority. At least in the top 8.
  • People who are articulate.
  • People who are sexually open but only want one partner and don't go rubbing their junk on anything available.
  • Also, I like people who are sincerely complimentary. I like to be told by my significant other that I am sexy, or kind, or funny, or silly or sweet or all the things I hope I am.

so definitely maturity and responsibility, I really appreciate a good sense of humor.
Bonus points if you can be funny without being mean to someone.

This thread is interesting. I like extroverted guys who appreciate and complement my introversion :)

Surprise thread revival!

I will note these down and forget about it in approximately 14 minutes and 3 seconds.

This is the answer everyone else can go home
  • Tall guys generally win with me. You can actually be a less attractive person and height will even that out and make you more attractive to me.
  • Glasses
  • Intelligence is sexy.
  • People who are quirky.
  • People who think notably differently than me. There I am impressed by this person who pointed out this mini universe that I never would have noticed without them.
-People who are funny, but even more so, funny in a way that is so subtle it takes you a second and when you realize it's a joke, you're done
  • Kindness. People who are willing to understand that people in bad situations are usually Doing their best to make it.
  • Mutual attraction
  • Makes time for me.
  • People who are sexually open but only want one partner and don't go rubbing their junk on anything available.
  • Also, I like people who are sincerely complimentary. I like to be told by my significant other that I am sexy, or kind, or funny, or silly or sweet or all the things I hope I am.</quote>

Understands that I am not always perfect. There are the ugly parts to me. As long they're willing and able to take care of me, I'm willing to do the same. Also, maybe somewhat attractive. I'm pretty cool with that. I don't need much. I don't expect a lot. Maybe I'm just touch-starved idk

We're all touch starved, and that runs the risk of massive numbers of people lowering their standards, so 🤞🤞🤞

i got my fingas crossed too scog 🤞

Hey I'm a girl

Here are my two cents even tho this thread has been dead

Currently I personally am looking for a guy who is
theoretically kinda cute but that comes with liking their personality usually
Makes me smile
I can have fun with
Values intelligence
Similar beliefs
Similar values
My life partner ❤
Treats me well
Understands and respects female issues
No toxic masculinity that bad
Sensitive still tho
Mature
Calls me cute things
Loyal
Trustworthy
Understanding
A good listener
Isnt MEAN
idk where this is going anymore but basically anyone cause I have all of these high standards in my head to keep me from getting hurt again but in reality the next guy who shows any interest in me I'll prob fall in love with
I just wanna be lovvvedd

Don't we all!!! i think I'll just settle with commitment and intelligent. She doesn't have to like (or pretend she likes) the same things i do. I've gone out with women that always seem to think they have to like things just cause i like them. She does have to talk a lot, i fucking talk a lot i dont want to be the only one having to start the conversations. One-sided conversations ( only me speaking) fucking bore the shit out of me.

Commitment is VERY important. Especially, in today's society you cant never trust someone that says they have a lot of (opposite sex) friends. At least from my experiences.

I also like a person thats confident. You don't have to wear make up to think your pretty you're beautiful the way you are.

Pelon said:
Commitment is VERY important. Especially, in today's society you cant never trust someone that says they have a lot of (opposite sex) friends. At least from my experiences.
WTF is this toxic bullshit? I'm sorry you've experienced bad relationships, but Jesus tapdancing Christ on a bike, do not limit the people your partner can be friends with. Do not be so controlling as to say, "I'm the only person of my gender who can be important in your life." That kind of thinking is poisonous. It's built on a foundation of inadequacy and mistrust.

Well said, Scoggles.

Pelon said:
i fucking talk a lot i dont want to be the only one having to start the conversations. One-sided conversations ( only me speaking) fucking bore the shit out of me.f
Most people even quiet ones would love to talk a lot. Some people can't be bothered to have competitive conversations where they try to talk over you or get a word in edge wise. If you talk a lot and you're frustrated people don't talk as much as you, try changing the tactics of what you talk about. Use your words to ask open ended questions until you hit a vein someone is interested in and then hold your peace to let them talk about it. You may be surprised by the results.
Pelon said:
I also like a person thats confident. You don't have to wear make up to think your pretty you're beautiful the way you are.
Many women who you don't think wear makeup, wear makeup. Its called a no makeup makeup look. Its not accurate to say that people wear makeup because of a lack of confidence. For some people, it just fun. Its the same with other permanent fixtures. I don't have a tattoo because I think it will make up for some kind of deficiency, I just like tattoos.

Edit: I didn't phrase this last bit satisfactorily and I can't be bothered to rewrite so I'ma just delete.

This is the answer everyone else can go home
  • Glasses
  • Intelligence is sexy.
  • People who are quirky.
  • Mutual attraction
  • Makes time for me.
  • Also, I like people who are sincerely complimentary. I like to be told by my significant other that I am sexy, or kind, or funny, or silly or sweet or all the things I hope I am.</quote></quote>

I found my person. He checks almost every box except that he is exactly my height...according to him, but we both know that I've got an inch on him. Let me tell you, he lights up my day like Christmas morning except that its Tuesday and the world is dark, the world is really going through it guys... it can be so draining sometimes but we fill each other up with love and hope. Focus on the little things that bring joy and we are builders. Everything we touch just gets little better because we work to make it that way. Its really nice.

This just made me tear up in class. I hope I find that too one day :,)

I would like to add an amendment to my list: short. Or, at the very least, not tall.

Forum > Relationships and Stuff > What do girls look for in a guy?