ForumRelationships and Stuff ► Relationship advice please
My girlfriend and I have been together for awhile (at least 2 years) and last year she moved about 12 hours away. We decided to stay together and and do long distance and we text and call and it was okay at first but then slowly it started dying out and lots of the time we go days without talking. I love her so much and its been an amazing couple years but I dont know if I can keep doing this. Its no ones fault she moved and im not mad and like I said I do love her but I havent seen her in person in over a year and with covid wont be seeing her anytime soon and its just not the same anymore. What should I do?

1) can i claim your soul?

2) are you a bot?

3) Idk i dont have any dating expirience

if you love her like you say you do and think keeping in touch is worth the hardship and effort, do not give up! every relationship has its strain, and if someone is worth fighting for then you should work hard to stay with them. then again, if this is doing more harm than good and severely deteriorating your mental health then it may be time to cut it off. after all, the root of all relationships should be happiness and love, and if that is not the root, then it is most likely not going to work out in the long term. i know break ups are hard, but it always gets worse before it gets better (that applies to fighting for your relationship as well). good luck, friend. i know you can work this out!

edit: dementedkermit, this is perhaps not the best thread to ask an individual if their soul is up for grabs.

dementedkermit: absolutely not lol, no, and thanks anyways.
a person (wow): Thanks! For now im going to try to make this work but if it does get worse I'll have to call it off but I want to make this work with her so Ill try my best! Thank you!

U have no choice. If no one else from this site has claimed it yet it is mine

What's the end game, best case scenario for this relationship?

What's the end game, best case scenario for this relationship?

We stay together and eventually when I have the money I'll move to where she lives so its not long distance anymore and we can go on dates in person and be happy together for the foreseeable future

U have no choice. If no one else from this site has claimed it yet it is mine

Ummm...... Okay. What does carrot named dementedkermit even need with my soul? Just curious

he is no carrot

My wife and I met online (on TwoCans actually) and were 100% LDR the first five years of our relationship.

My two pieces of advice for surviving a LDR are find things to do together consistently and have a plan for getting back together. It sounds like you at least have the second part covered if you're serious about saving up and moving. But going days without even talking isn't going to be sustainable.

My wife and I video chatted every single day (unless one of us was traveling or something). We'd often just leave the video chat running while we each did our own thing, which feels a little like hanging out in the same room. We also had regular movie dates, wrote lots of love letters, played Stardew Valley together, sent the occasional gift.

LDRs are certainly not for everyone, and you shouldn't feel too bad if this doesn't work out for you two. But if you do want to keep it going, you have to be really intentional about spending time together and finding ways to stay close even when apart.

Ummm...... Okay. What does carrot named dementedkermit even need with my soul? Just curious

this is what I want it for lol
aprzn123 said:
he is no carrot

That is correct I am a generic fruit

My wife and I video chatted every single day (unless one of us was traveling or something). We'd often just leave the video chat running while we each did our own thing, which feels a little like hanging out in the same room. We also had regular movie dates, wrote lots of love letters, played Stardew Valley together, sent the occasional gift.

please this is so sweet

this is what I want it for lol
Ah okay

Forum > Relationships and Stuff > Relationship advice please