ForumRelationships and Stuff ► Dealing with a Break-up
So I just had a "break up" with someone (see the Gush about your Crush forum for more context). I don't want to be angry with him but he did lead me on for 3 months and I need him to realize what he's losing by going from almost dating to friends, which is consistent attention lol.

My mom told me to ignore him unless he tries to reach out to me, and today is the first day back at school since it happened. It's hard to just ignore him but I'm trying to keep myself busy. We did look at each other for a second though, and it hurt.

In terms of texting, he hasn't really been texting me, just sending posts every 6 hours or so, and I'll respond with a post back and nothing more. Is this an ok way to go about this?

I've had Washing Machine Heart by Mitski and Maybe I Was Boring by Wilbur Soot on loop also ahaha.,.,.,.,,.,..,,.,.

Sounds about right. Cordially at a distance

Bleh my most recent breakup was more like, he just said "I'm cutting all contact, bye".

Hell maybe it's better that way.

Part of me bubbles up every now and then, it wants to be toxic as fuck and just let it all out on him. I've been holding it down though cause he was very nice otherwise. He doesn't deserve to be hated, I'm a firm believer in "treat others how you want to be treated," but he also needs to learn to fucking communicate how he's feeling. Which is why I want to communicate how I'm feeling, angry and upset, but I don't want to not be friends with him once I'm over this, I just wish he would've told me sooner so that I wasn't wasting energy on someone who didn't reciprocate.

Play it cool.

Bleh my most recent breakup was more like, he just said "I'm cutting all contact, bye".

Hell maybe it's better that way.

Def can be. Specially if it was serious.

Ok, but what do I do if he tries to talk to me? I'm trying to plan a response in my head that wont make me seem like a bitch and I think something like "sorry, but I don't think I'm ready to talk to you yet" would work well.

That is a very appropriate response.

It's okay to be honest and say that you felt led on and that you need some space from him now. His actions were not very kind, and it is okay for him to experience some discomfort now as a consequence. You can be polite and firm, but also you're not obligated to pretend to feel differently than you do to spare him from feeling awkward.

I just saw him get into another girls car and I am going to commit a crime. Oh my fucking god. If this is what I think this is I'm dead. I know I'm probably overreacting right now but oh my fucking god...

commit usury on his ass

edit
if hes gonna do something this hurtful to you, maybe it was a blessing that you broke up

I just saw him get into another girls car and I am going to commit a crime. Oh my fucking god. If this is what I think this is I'm dead. I know I'm probably overreacting right now but oh my fucking god...

Gotta just let it be. If you blow up or tell him off about it, you'll regret it later.

It feels physically sickening when I see him and he sees me but we don't talk. I think I'm either ready to try to be friends with him or this is just me missing him. Either way, he has to be the one to reach out and do it, I'm not pouring my heart out to him anymore without him doing it first. I tried to hint that I was ready to talk again earlier by waving at him but I'm not sure if he noticed. Only time will tell I suppose.

Some space away might be the right call - you're gonna keep getting upset if you keep thinking about him.

its been 5 days since this happened, I've got ADHD my mind runs faster so it might as well have been a week and a half lmaooooo

I'd say if it feels physically sickening to see him, you are not over him and are not ready to be friends again.

You're just reseting your get-over-him clock.

I said fuck it and talked to him nicely for a minute (with another person around), it was just a "how are you? other person needs help with Bio homework, I dont do bio, I dont know whats happening next class" kinda shit. It felt better and not too awkward thankfully :)

good luck with your relationship, sasterisk. take care of yourself.

Thank you titan, best of luck with whatever youre dealing with rn too lol

im not dealing with anything but thanks anyways

I mean, everyones dealing with something, school, work, relationships, life in general, whatever that might be lol

my life currently has zero problems

doubt but ok

Forum > Relationships and Stuff > Dealing with a Break-up