ForumRelationships and Stuff ► Fetishes
Yep. You heard right. This isn't meant to be an offensive thread, i.e. Posting things like 'I've got a rape fetish' Probably shouldn't be joked about, and probably aught to come with a warning before hand in the post.

On that note, I've got a bondage fetish. I find bondage incredibly sexy and wish there were more opportunities to fulfil that.

What are your fetishes?

I don't understand fetishism, actually.

Part of me thinks this belongs more in Touchy Subjects because for some (including me) it is a highly personal matter, but at the same time the subject seems to fit better in this section. I'm glad this thread exists though.

I don't know if I understand fetishes either, actually. Your tastes are your tastes; what makes something a fetish?

Like, bondage sounds sexy to me too, but it's not an obsession or something that I pursue whenever possible. So I assume it's not a fetish or something like that.

Does something have to be an obsession of sorts to qualify?

Part of me thinks fetishes arise from people being so desensitized to sex that only one specific weird thing their partner does can get them off. However, I consciously know that most of the literature and research does not support this hypothesis, but it's still a pervasive impression that I carry. Does that even make any sense?

What is it that most of the research does support?

Huh. I guess I always just felt like fetishes were something that deviated from 'the norm', but it does seem like it aught to be more obsessive.

I overuse the word fetishize, but mostly because I still use it in it's non-sexual meaning a lot. I wonder if I sound insane.

Meowmix6 said:
What is it that most of the research does support?
The idea that sexual fetishes stem from being desensitized to other "normal" forms of sexual stimulation.

Huh, weird. I'm pretty sure my fetishes were present before I even started thinking about sex; some of the stuff I first got off to was even weirder than the stuff I like now.

Spoiler for weird and unsettling.
One of my recurring fantasies was:
Spoiler text below. Highlight to read.
being colonized by a hive of bees and turned into their brood-mother

But to contribute in a more on-topic way, one of the things I've been into lately is lactation & breast-feeding.

Yo, what's wrong with a rape fetish?

Nothing. As long as its consensual.

Exactly. There's a difference between 'I fantasize about raping unsuspecting women' and 'i fantasize about tying my partner up and role playing'
Plus, it's probably helpful to be a little cautious about rape victims and the sensitivity felt towards fetishizing something that can be so emotionally scarring for someone.

Roleplaying is fantasizing though. So fantasizing about consensual roleplaying in a rape scenario is fantasizing about fantasizing about raping someone (perhaps someone unsuspecting).

Perhaps but it's still consentual rather than not

If she is wearing a long sleeve shirt thats too big on her, having her long hair down and brushed to one side of her shoulder, and just underwear on, no pants, or bra under that shirt.. then I get turned on very easily.

Exactly. There's a difference between 'I fantasize about raping unsuspecting women' and 'i fantasize about tying my partner up and role playing'
Plus, it's probably helpful to be a little cautious about rape victims and the sensitivity felt towards fetishizing something that can be so emotionally scarring for someone.

Speaking from experience, it's difficult to handle a fantasy of this nature when you're with a victim. One of my ex's kind of had this fantasy, and although it was a lot of walking on egg shells, we managed to get it accomplished. He really liked the more spontaneity of it all, with a little bit of roughness. And if that's what you're going for, great. It's fun to play. The point at which it becomes concerning (at least for me) is when you get joy out of brutally attacking a woman just because you can.

Yo, what's wrong with a rape fetish?

Nothing as long as you keep it in the realm of fantasy.

Thought I'd post this here. Since I just got back from a sex shop with a friend and decided to try out the Tenga egg cause it was so cute.

Disappointed.

Because it broke first use :l

"because it was so cute" made me giggle.

Michael bought me a vibrator against my wishes and I was slightly inebriated the first time is was used. it was awesome and I was having a full body orgasm/body was on fire etc. Tried it twice sober and it was the most boring thing ever. What gives?

You might've just been more relaxed? Who knows, bodies are weird and shit. Maybe the vibrator is a fetish when you're drunk.

AND YES THEY ARE CUTE

Oh my god they ARE cute, almost makes me wish I had a penis.

They make me think of those EOS chapstick things which I only bought in the first place because it was adorable.

I thought the same!

It's kind of a similar situation actually...the product is terrible but the packaging is amazing.