ForumRelationships and Stuff ► Why I'm Single
Ever been asked why you're single?
I wonder often but have never had a good retort until I just discovered 4 photos of myself that illustrate my life pretty well. They show that I'm loads of fun and love the outdoors but are maybe proof that I'm really not the best "girlfriend" material.
I don't dress nicely, I'm happiest hiking in the woods alone, I'm far from "dainty" and "lady-like".
Edit: I forgot to add that I kind of enjoy touching dead animals haha...

Lots of guys are into that.

Did you say... dead animals?...;)

Do you have a fishing license?

Do you have a fishing license?

A fishing, small game and trapping licence

It seems I have found a kindred spirit.

In any case, I toatally feel the pressure to be more 'feminine' and 'girly' and apply to all of those standards put before you as a girl. I tried for a while, ended up hating myself a lot during it. Being someone you're not just sucks, and anyone whose affections you do garner doesn't like you, only that mask you put up.
It's much more rewarding to find someone who likes you for who you are and who you can share your hobbies and interests with.

People generally only like me aesthetically and then once they get to know me better they run for the hills. Also some kid called me clingy when I was 12 and now I don't like to get particularly close to people.

called me clingy

people say that about me and I never get the hint until it's too late. Some people like it and some don't. Hard to tell which is which.

I'm totally for the belief that there's someone out there for everyone. I'm not implying, however, that everyone has a "soul mate" that they're destined to be with - to me, that's silly. But out of the 7 billion or so people in the world, there's a huge majority that's likely to fit just right with just about everyone. It just takes time.. and being in the right place at the right time, I suppose.

I'm ugly in person
I'm annoying
My mental illness has been a steady deal breaker my whole life
I don't have feelings for people and when I do I leave because I panic

I had a gig on saturday that a friend of mine introduced me to one of his female friends. We had a nice talk, but I realized I am bad at talking. Like, awful. I can't tell if it's because I did none of the regular tropes that people do (because I find them frankly shallow) or if I'm just boring.

Also, I suck at talking about other people. Why are dudes so easy to talk to? Why does it feel like when I talk to a girl, she's thinking that I'm trying to get in her pants? All I'm thinking about is "Does she think I'm trying to sleep with her? I hope she isn't. She doesn't seem very interested in this topic. Try another one? Where are you from? You travel? Tell me more? God, NONE of these are working..."

I can't speak for other girls, but I almost never assume someone is trying to get in my pants. That is mostly because I am really bad at social cues, though.

Why are their even social cues? Can't we just be like Sweden? If a man wants to sleep with a woman, he will outright say it. If she says no, he will leave her the hell alone.

Maybe I should start every conversation with, "Hey, I'm not trying to sleep with you."

You might get a few funny looks, but that sounds brilliant to me.

Now I just need a reason to go back to a bar...

I think I'll just stay home.

Something else I've seen: Color coded bands.

I thought that was just a myth that local news channels fell for and tried to turn into a sensation.

You think I watch local news?

I think you're more likely to be on the local news.

For selling my book, yes.
And roasting pheasants.

Now I just need a reason to go back to a bar...

I think I'll just stay home.

You never need a reason my dear small child
Just go!
I go and sit alone because mean girls are ugly and no one will bother them

Why are their even social cues? Can't we just be like Sweden? If a man wants to sleep with a woman, he will outright say it. If she says no, he will leave her the hell alone.

Maybe I should start every conversation with, "Hey, I'm not trying to sleep with you."

I fucking love you. Marry me please.

Depending on what sort of person you're looking for, that could be a good opener, too.

Which one, what I said?

sckoobs's exquisite and nuanced phraseology.

Forum > Relationships and Stuff > Why I'm Single