ForumRelationships and Stuff ► Help With Dating
Hello! You must have stumbled upon this great thread! I would first like to say I am a guy. I am not in a relationship. and why are all the threads so old? Anyways you need some help I will get on every day or two. if you need help put it here or Pm me!

It's bedtime and I'm alone tonight with no social scene for miles. Help me get a date. Now pl0x.

I'd recommend checking your local supermarket. They usually have dates at a reasonable price.

Eyyy

Brendan said:
I'd recommend checking your local supermarket. They usually have dates at a reasonable price.

I laughed an unacceptable amount.

How are you supposed to talk to men? It's like their a totally separate species I dont get it help pls

We have a complex language of grunts and sign language, some things can only be expressed with a cigar in one hand and scotch in the other hand.

Beat your chest to say "Me feel good"

Nod and mutter something unintelligible to communicate, and this is a rough translation, "OK I hear you"

Twirl your mustache to say "Interesting, please continue"

Put a spurt of breath out into a hrmph and cough up some scotch to say "Why did he throw the ball that way? Is he trying to lose? Run, man, run!"

If someone says something heavy, remember men don't feel emotion, so instead of replying sigh loudly and light a cigar very deliberately and puff at it nervously this says "Me no understand or likey these feely feel things, why are you bothering me?"

In all seriousness, I've learned that when talking about emotional stuff, you really need to be specific in what you want. Men like to try to fix things and a lot of times the "venting" makes no sense to them and causes stress.

The female is just wanting to complain about a shitty day at work- to vent and have someone listen and support them.

Men hear this and think "jesus christ i have to do something to fix this!" But the woman doesnt want you to do anything...

What I'm trying to say is, if you just want to vent SAY SO. I often times start the conversation this way, "i had a terrible day at work. I just need someone to complain to. You don't have to do anything, just listen and I'll feel better"

Guys appreciate that.

That is so true.

In all seriousness, I've learned that when talking about emotional stuff, you really need to be specific in what you want. Men like to try to fix things and a lot of times the "venting" makes no sense to them and causes stress.

The female is just wanting to complain about a shitty day at work- to vent and have someone listen and support them.

Men hear this and think "jesus christ i have to do something to fix this!" But the woman doesnt want you to do anything...

What I'm trying to say is, if you just want to vent SAY SO. I often times start the conversation this way, "i had a terrible day at work. I just need someone to complain to. You don't have to do anything, just listen and I'll feel better"

Guys appreciate that.

We'll still try to unsolicitedly fix your shit.

I don't get that whole "men fix things, women want to vent" thing. It's like, not true.

From my experience (which is minimal) it is. I'm sure it's not true for all men or women, but I know I do fit into the venting category. I also like to try to fix things, which can be an issue too.

She didn't say we fix things, she said we try to. Typically the result is we piss you off and make you cry and then we're insensitive and the condescending patriarchy.

Haha yes. Or the guy ends up feeling like shit because he feels he HAS to be able to fix it and being the drama kings they are, the whole situation then is about them.

Well duh why else would we be a part of anything

In my experience, sometimes they want you to fix the thing, sometimes they want you to just listen.

Best advice? Just try and guess, if you get it wrong, then you get it wrong. It's no big deal. If she is like "oh thank you, but that is not what I wanted you to do," then she seems mature and worth dating. If she is like "why would you do that, that's the opposite of what I wanted you to do," and then gives you the cold shoulder, then she might be petty. Of course, she just might be having a bad day. Like we all do.

I mean, just the other day I stressfully explained something to my girlfriend and she was insulted. Didn't mean I didn't like her or was mad at her, just stressed and goofed. But the conversation ended great with us being back to our normal selves.

so nice you posted thrice

I have never had a dude try and "fix" anything when I ramble about something. And half the time when I am ready to vent, it's already over and solved but I need to not bottle things or else I go on 5 day drinking benders and wake up in strangers backyards.

That's a good idea. Well, I'm pretty sure that there are many people who are here for you, just shoot us a message. You got no judgements from me.

I think it depends on the kind of issue you present to the guy.
With my ex, I had a lot of issues with my job and family. I knew he couldn't do anything to help but he thought thats what I wanted and would try anyway. When I continued to be miserable, he felt it was sort of his fault because he couldn't do anything to fix it for me.

hey i am looking for a nice and cute guy that can be my boyfriend

Forum > Relationships and Stuff > Help With Dating