ForumRelationships and Stuff ► Online Friendships
So I had a online best friend once and it was bomb. We lost touch after 4 years of talking to each other about our day and what we were doing and stuff like that. I'm down to hear anybody's online friendship story or if you wanna be online friends with me I am so down. I just want to know three things about you:
1. Your favourite food
2. Your favourite movie/tv show
3. any random fact about you!
Be free to tell me anything

I joined a chat room in 2011 and really hit it off with the person running the channel. We got married last October, so I think it went pretty well. :)

Yeah, Fwip became a good enough online friend that when I had the chance I became her ~real life~ friend. If there's even a distinction to be made there, given how much of people's lives play out online. I'd say the majority of my closest friends in the past five years have been people I've met here, and that's only just now starting to change again.

(To be clear, I'm not the one who married Fwip, just another friend. She has more than one, I think.)

More than one marriage partner?!

I jest.

But I have made a lot of friends here. Most of those friendships have faded, but not all. Not yet.

I used to be much closer friends with a few people om this site, and sadly those have faded with time amd absence... but this is life...

To answer your original question:
1. Italian in general, particularly chicken parmesan and pasta...
2. Lists and lists on this... fan of a bit of anime, and a few tv shows over the years...
3. A random fact about me would be that most of all in this world i hate onions... and sex offenders...

And yourself...?

I'm always up for a good onion-free chicken parm recipe...

A few friends. :P Most of which I met online, come to think of it.

I've met a few friends here. I wish I'd stayed in closer contact with at least half a dozen of them. I'm in a De Facto relationship with one person from this site and we have a baby.

1) I like a lot of food, especially stews and soups. Last year I made a lot of Transylvanian sour soup, the year before it was mostly beef stews, this year I'm thinking beef-cheek and barley will be my go-to.
2) Gotta say Sharpe or Hornblower are my favourite tv series.
3) I'm not a very interesting person.

i have no friends

Answering the original question here.

1. Your favourite food Pizza, particulary from this place near my lake house.
2. Your favourite movie/tv show I loved the old Top Gear, but because that ended, The Grand Tour on Amazon Prime.
3. any random fact about you! I'm a car guy, if you couldn't tell by my avatar and my answer to the second question.

Pixels said:
i have no friends

Who needs friends when you have anemones...? :D

1. Pizza for sure, but i always eat it weird. I either put two pieces on top of each other with the toppings in the middle or I eat it like a taco. I don't know why I do it but I always have.
2. Favourite movie right now is Guardians of the Galaxy (yes, I am over the top excited for the second one!). It's hard to pick a favourite tv show but I like anime or action shows. My fav web series is Red vs. Blue.
3. Chris Pratt is my hero and I have a cat even though I am a dog person haha

APG said:
I used to be much closer friends with a few people om this site, and sadly those have faded with time amd absence... but this is life...

To answer your original question:
1. Italian in general, particularly chicken parmesan and pasta...
2. Lists and lists on this... fan of a bit of anime, and a few tv shows over the years...
3. A random fact about me would be that most of all in this world i hate onions... and sex offenders...

And yourself...?

Grayseff said:
I've met a few friends here. I wish I'd stayed in closer contact with at least half a dozen of them. I'm in a De Facto relationship with one person from this site and we have a baby.

1) I like a lot of food, especially stews and soups. Last year I made a lot of Transylvanian sour soup, the year before it was mostly beef stews, this year I'm thinking beef-cheek and barley will be my go-to.
2) Gotta say Sharpe or Hornblower are my favourite tv series.
3) I'm not a very interesting person.

I am very into stew right now. Any variation on steak and potatoes is absolutely my favourite. Future Mr. Devery once made me stew without potatoes, it wasn't the same. Apparently it is a French thing.

Sour soup frightens me as a concept. Is it only sour? Sweet and sour? Spicy sour?

Latrique said:
1. Pizza for sure, but i always eat it weird. I either put two pieces on top of each other with the toppings in the middle or I eat it like a taco. I don't know why I do it but I always have.

This is the exact way I eat pizza...! :O

Also, 'stew' without potatoes just sounds strange... >.>

just sour, but soooo good.

I don't get how anyone liked GotG, especially not the point of it being their "favorite" movie. But to each their own. I thought it was terrible to the point of being unwatchable. I'm honestly mystified every time someone brings it up in this context.

That movie was excellent you philistine.

I would watch it a second time to see if there's anything I missed, but the actual camera work and cuts were so disorienting, especially in action sequences, I thought I was literally going to vomit. But if you like that kind of thing, hey, who am I to judge?

I have an online friend that is a great human. We used to message back and forth a lot but now not so much. He is incredibly smart and creative. He is a nerd and I mean that as a compliment. He is brave in ways that I am not brave and I admire that about him. He treats himself and his life as though it were a self-improvement project. He is always trying to better himself or working towards building some new project. He makes me feel like a lazy person. My favorite thing about him is that he makes me laugh. He finds comedy in things I would just look over on my day to day. I have always enjoyed the stories he shares with me about his job or apartment or his cat.

1. Your favourite food
  • broccoli...I don't know
  • Scrubs
  • The Fifth Element
  • I have two children.
  • no

I have an online friend that is pretty quirky. We've been talking for 12 years now and even through so much time, she never changed! She's really smart and she would hack into my social media accounts and change the language or change the color of the text. She loves anime(?) and video games. We usually talk about how our days are.
1. Your favourite food
buttered corn.
Rick and Morty.
The Fifth Element
I have a smol brother.
hA! No.

I used to run a small minecraft server when I was 12. I made a small group of friends, but I lost touch with all of them after some technical problems had shut it down. I was so sad :(

1. Your favourite food
>Clam chowder
>I recently saw IT and loved it
>I like to make things, either practical or impractical

I run a discord for Rainbow 6 Siege and some other video games that I made just so a single irl friend and I would be able to idle in voice chat to let each other know when we're able to play, but since then I've met a variety of weird and sweet people in voice chat who've joined and now I always have a friend to play with!

1. Your favourite food
Nutella crepes!!!
Arrested Development i just blew myself
I have the height of a tall person and the personality of a short person ^o^
The total cost of my virtual clothes cost more than my actual ones

I have a few online friends from TF2, they are really fun to hang out with and you can tell them anything without it having an adverse effect on my real social life

1 Waffle Fries and Milkshake (Chic-fil-a)

2 Real Genius

3 I play TF2 all the time

So, I've had an online friendship I've had for a year now. We met on Streets of Rogue (It's a game) and it's kinda strained. He's had a really hard life and I haven't, so I'm not sure how to respond when he talks about it. Anywho, here's my three things. 1) Nachos 2) Show is now Avatar (just finished it), movie is Casablanca 3) I externally pretend to be formal and mature even though I'm really pretty childish. I think that applies to a lot of people though.

Forum > Relationships and Stuff > Online Friendships