ForumMusic/Movies/TV/Books ► B-Movies, so bad they're great!
I'm a big fan of low budget horror movies (or just general B-Movies), though not nearly enough people in my life show interest in them. So I am hoping to find more of a fan base here! So let's all share some great terrible yet amazing movies! Maybe I can add some to my list to watch as well.

So what's your favorite B-Movie? Mine would have to be a tie between Birdemic and Killer Pinata!

I think it is called Eight-Legged Freaks. It is about an infestation of giant spiders.

After that, it would have to be the RiffTrax overdub of The Room. Not The Room itself, because please god no, but the overdub is actually pretty solid entertainment.

Are we counting exploitation films as B movies? I'm also not very good at the distinction between art house and B movies, especially circa the 1970s. But anyway my favourites are probably like... I Spit on Your Grave, Two-Lane Blacktop, Sweet Sweetback's Baadasssss Song, Dario Argento films, Roger Corman films, Spermula... my favourite is probably Andy Warhol's Dracula if that counts. I also just watched The Story of O again two days ago but I don't know if that film would really be considered sexploitation or not. I'll watch basically anything featuring Udo Kier.

Black Sheep, hands down.

Someone had told me about Black Sheep AGES ago and I totally forgot about it! I have tomorrow off and there is no way I'm going to sleep tomorrow until I watch this movie. Thank you for that! I need to check up on some of these other titles too.

Also, I should have gave a small description of my top picks. Killer Pinata is about an evil pinata who kills a house full of teenagers. from what I remembered, this movie had an insanely low budget but they definitely make it work! Birdemic is about every and any bird rising up and going ape shit on man-kind because of, you know... Global Warming... Of course you get magic guns to help you on your way!

If you haven't seen Manos: The Hands of Fate yet, do yourself a favor and muscle through it. It's so bad it goes waaay past the "so bad it's good" range, circles back to it, and then passes it again.

I'll make it a point to catch both of those tomorrow and come back here with my thoughts. Especially with a recommendation like that!

Black Sheep, hands down.

If you like my sexy sexy accent, see Braindead (might also be called Dead Alive depending on where you live). It was one of Peter Jackson's first films.

If you haven't seen Manos: The Hands of Fate yet, do yourself a favor and muscle through it. It's so bad it goes waaay past the "so bad it's good" range, circles back to it, and then passes it again.

Ha, yes this. Mystery Science Theater 3000 had a lot of fun with that on netflix and so did I.
Red Letter Media on youtube is also good, but it's a bunch of shortened versions with commentary.

Yeah, MST3k is a great source for horrible movies, plus, they're made bearable with riffing etc. My favorites have to be I Accuse My Parents, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, and Reptillicus.

I've been meaning to go back and watch all the original episodes on Hulu, but I don't have it ad-free so I've been putting it off.

Yeah, MST3k is a great source for horrible movies, plus, they're made bearable with riffing etc. My favorites have to be I Accuse My Parents, Overdrawn at the Memory Bank, and Reptillicus.

O hai.

Welcome to the forum and dibs on your soul

I’ve posted this a billion times, but Zardoz.

Yay, Zardoz!

Caution! You are approaching the periphery shield of Vortex 4
It’s only a little embarrassing that I’ve watched it well over 10 times.

I need to see it again. Also The Final Programme.

They Live and Big Trouble in Little China were a couple of great B-movie from the 80's that I've watched too many times.

I'm not sure if Tremors counts as a B movie, but I'd put it in the "so bad it's good" bucket.

I watched Who Killed Captain Alex while drunk and had the best time ever.

Forum > Music/Movies/TV/Books > B-Movies, so bad they're great!