ForumMusic/Movies/TV/Books ► Emotions and Fiction
What fictional works had the most effect on your emotions? Mine are, listed in order of most influential to least influential, these:

1) Gravity Falls. I am an extremely emotionless person, but I must admit that I cried at the ending. Twice. Odd that the only one I cried over was a show for children. They ended it perfectly, covering all the loose ends that needed to be covered and leaving a few open for the watcher's imagination.

2) Hollow Knight (SPOILERS! [kinda]). This one is more obscure, but there is one specific moment when I realized the truth that had been hinted at through the entire story and it completely crushed me under the weight of realization that my perception of the story was so wrong, yet not without some truth. Also, the scene had so much hopelessness combined with great, subtle writing working perfectly with the surroundings and music. To those of you who are familiar with this game, I'm talking about the Void Heart scene.

3) Avatar: The Last Airbender. This doesn't really need any explanation. Best TV show I've ever watched.

Rushmore
Bojack Horseman
The Great Gatsby
Life Is Strange

Pretty sure I cried at the end of Gravity Falls

Life is Strange has got me supremely fucked up right now. Its been almost a week since I finished and I'm still bursting into tears randomly several times a day

Wildlike
Coco
Sense8
The Fault in Our Stars
Moana
Skins
Kubo and the Two Strings
The Life Aquatic
Where The Red Fern Grows
Freaks and Geeks
The Last Five Years
Les Miserables

tbh I tend to like hunt down and collect things (mostly films) that make me cry, I should start keeping better track. I feel like I'm forgetting a lot of good ones

So, since I’m sure nobody followed this thread and I’m super late, here’s some Life is Strange fanfiction (don’t cringe, it’s actually decent for fanfiction and not perverted or anything) that helped me when going through my post-LiS depression.

https://archiveofourown.org/works/6164365/chapters/14124193

Forum > Music/Movies/TV/Books > Emotions and Fiction