ForumMusic/Movies/TV/Books ► emotional television
have you ever watched something on television that genuinely made you cry? there has been one example of this that i'm too embarrassed to share unless someone else goes first

NGL... watching the end of A Dog's Journey almost had me in tears. Good thing that nearly everyone else in the movie theater was crying as well at the end of it.

Prob like half of everything I've watched. I cry easy. I've cried at many a commercial.

Oh god no way can I watch that a dogs journey

Let's see: I can't watch Babe anymore because the pig farm at the very beginning makes me too sad. I cried at that gorgeous Christopher Robin film when Pooh gets stuck in a tree and is sad. I have been bingeing Bondi vet; every second episode makes me cry. I cried during Bridgerton. The ending of Please Like Me destroyed me (I watched it when I was going through something similar. Mistake.)

Point being: cry at everything. I just have a lot of emotions and most are over animals.

Hachi is the destroyer of souls. I blubber like crazy.

There's a Kohl's commercial last year. This little girl sees a lonely old woman across the street from her. Start writing messages on poster board talking to the old lady. They talk this way for a while. Then the old lady's not there one day. And it's made to look like she's gone for a few weeks. The little girl looks out the window every day trying to see if she's there but she never shows up. Then on Christmas morning the old lady finally shows up and you can see she's been in the hospital cuz she has a wristband. Old lady asks the little girl if she got what she wanted for Christmas. And the little girl nods because she did get her wish. She wanted her friend back. I cried typing this.
Commercial

The Good Place.

i was gonna post the movie i was thinking of but all traces of it have been scrubbed from the internet and i'm not pouring any more time into searching because i've got better things to do

as far as googled is concerned, such a movie never existed

Literally just finished Black Sails - on the whole the show's not really a tearjerker, but there was one moment in the finale that got me very emotional.

have you ever watched something on television that genuinely made you cry? there has been one example of this that i'm too embarrassed to share unless someone else goes first

after like half a fucking year i finally found it

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=GP5-EEZv7kQ

this

this is the saddest fucking movie ive ever seen in my entire life. maybe saddest media ever. i was fucking bawling at the end and i literally never cry from movies. something about it just hit so, so close to home. watched it while waiting for my aunt to come home late one summer night. good god did this movie ever pull on my heartstrings. genuinely one of the best things i think china has ever done.

give me a few days. this weekend ill rewatch it in full and give a full review of just how jaw droppingly well written this movie is. i cant get over how good it is.

this is a movie, i think, worth learning mandarin for.

Forum > Music/Movies/TV/Books > emotional television