ForumMusic/Movies/TV/Books ► Dresden Files
This is a wonderful book series from the brilliant Jim Butcher. I also think that it would be tons of fun to discuss with other people.

I officially own all the books except for Side Jobs. I am currently rereading them so that I can Finally read Cold Days.

Just finished ready Cold Days last week. I love this series so much.

I'm sorry this thread is really old and I'm necroing it, but I finally found somebody else who likes this series! I have just restarted it from the beginning, from Storm Front.

I still enjoy this series a lot. I just wish Mr. Butcher would release books a tiny bit faster.

Yeah, same. At least there are other good books to read, too.

Somebody characterize the series, please?

There is a wizard named Harry Dresden, only one in the yellow pages. He does a bunch of jobs for people, which is his primary source of income. It is one of the precious few blends of mystery and magic, one of the only few books of it's kind. In fact, if you google fantasy/mystery, it is one of the first results.

Sounds like I should read this thing.

Yes, you should.

I concur. I read this series at the behest of Jacksy-poo and funkybubble14. I'm so glad I did. Definitely one of my favorite series, if not my favorite.

Making one of my friends read it, for a book exchange thing.

It is one of the precious few blends of mystery and magic, one of the only few books of it's kind.

There's actually a tonne of mystery/urban fantasy out there. Seanan McGuire's Toby Daye books, Kalayna Price's Grave Witch, Lisa Shearin's SPI Files, the Anita Blake series(forget the author), Jacqueline Carey's Agent of Hel series, Suzanne McLeod's Spellcrackers books.

I guess what I meant to say is that it is not the mystery part, it is the detective part combined with the magic. You don't see many of those (I think).

Kalayna Price's and Seanan McGuire's books are both about private investigators, though Toby sort of digresses from that pretty quickly.

And there's always Dirk Gently's Holistic Detective Agency!

Anyone else? No? ... It was a good book.

I mean, they are still a rarity however, compared with high fantasy or other types of fantasy.

I'm re-listening to the audio books (voiced by the talented James Marsters) THis is the only book series I have read listened to multiple times

Thank you new feed Feature for helping me realize I created such a great thread.

Did anyone else see the other day that Jim Butcher is officially on the last chapter of Peace Talks?

I know that there is editing and stuff, but it means that there is an end in sight to the Dresden Drought and I am over the moon!

Forum > Music/Movies/TV/Books > Dresden Files