ForumStatus Update Threads ► the titanlord237 personal rant thread
IM SICK OF IT

IM FUCKING SICK OF IT

Bye.

I DONT HAVE FUCKING IRL FRIENDS TO TALK TO WHO THE FUCK DO YOU EXPECT ME TO TURN TO

IM FUCKING ALL ALONE OUT HERE

IM FUCKING

im done. im just done. fuck you. fuck you. fuck you. fuck you. fuck you.

im sick of this. i'm sick of all of this. fuck you.

Calm down. That’s a slight bit excessive.

Here, just get a good nights sleep

Try to clear your head

Wow, Samsung, you had to be such a dick about it.

I really don't think a public forum thread is the best way to deal with everything you're going through.

You're opening yourself up to people who can, intentionally or not, ruin your day because they know exactly how you're hurting. Your outbursts are disturbing, and need to be worked on privately. I don't want things to get worse, and the way I see it, this thread isn't helping.

I don't think that the issue here is Titan having a place to let their feelings out. I think the issue is people using those feelings to hurt him.

And... you have the option of not viewing the thread, where his rants are contained, if you are uncomfortable with them. But people need places to vent, and in this case I don't think it's fair to say Titan shouldn't have a safe place for his emotions.

The safe space shouldn't be here, in my opinion. It's not as safe as other options.

Oi, no more talking, all you just chill out and click this.

I half expected that to be a link to asdfjkl;

The safe space shouldn't be here, in my opinion. It's not as safe as other options.

I'm not sure what other options your referencing, particularly if we assume that Titan would like to feel heard by folks he considers his friends. Venting in a space where others can, if they want, listen in is a lot different from, say, journaling, which feels a lot more like shouting into the void.

Admittedly, I'm pretty biased in that I absolutely used TwoCans as a place to vent when I was an extremely depressed teen without much of a support network in real life. I would like for it to be a safe place for teens now to do that, too. I think it matters a lot to have a place like that, especially since I'm pretty sure it (not exaggerating) may have saved my life when I was really, really depressed and suicidal.

i hate everything

i want everyone to die

how do you deserve to exist?

fuck you.

This scared me the most. Anyone can come in and say something that could set somebody off - here it made Titan lash out worse than I've ever seen. It's just not safe. Furthermore I think the solution is more than letting yourself say horrible things just to get them out. That helps nobody.

I dealt with a very difficult few years in life where you know, I felt horrible thoughts too. The more I kept doing that, the more I actually started to believe the unrealistic things I said. I thought the whole damn world was against me and that I would always be destined to fail. It made me so goddamn spiteful, and things got far worse. Talking to people (in private!) I already knew I trusted - and I kept a lot of the bad shit to myself - and hearing their outside perspective helped me figure out that being spiteful and angry like that was not the way to go. And it's not, objectively.

This is the most cliche thing to say, but if you let depression, and/or whatever you're going through otherwise, get you mad, that anger will eat you up and make you worse off.

When the problems lie with parents and a toxic general environment, sometimes the only solution is to endure until you can escape. My mental health when I was a teen had no chance of improving in a substantial way until I managed to get out of my parents' home. Sometimes it's about being able to vent in the short term so you can reset a little to be able to keep going long term. Emotions gotta come out somehow, especially when the cause is primarily external and reinforces the negative emotions.

What I'm saying is I've been in very similar circumstances. The way that Titan's going, he'll end up making himself feel worse unintentionally. Enduring is the goal, yeah, but this is not that.

I'm with Eri on this one, especially as this site has also saved my life in the past.

I understand where you're coming from, but I do want to note that Titan and I have had some really productive conversations when I have followed up with him about his posts in here. It's been a really good way for me to know when he maybe needs some checking in on, and I'm glad that it exists.

...sorry

i probably could've handled that better

feel kinda like a dick now

it has been a rough rough week

and especially tiring too

this isn't really an excuse or anything just want to like

i mean this is my rant thread

i apologize if anything i said here had caused you distress

it wasn't intended. i really was just going through a hard time

is it an addiction if i can't stand to be away from this site for longer than a day or two?

i wonder if i could get away with making buzzfeed quizzes for a living

is it an addiction if i can't stand to be away from this site for longer than a day or two?

I'm literally on this site every day for about 15 minutes. You're good.

I'm literally on this site every day for about 15 minutes. You're good.

i'm literally on this site every 15 minutes

okay fun fact

i'm gonna forgive myself for procrastinating on homework since it's not due tonight and just go to sleep

i'm so proud of myself for doing this

Forum > Status Update Threads > the titanlord237 personal rant thread