ForumStatus Update Threads ► I need help for a solution
I'm recently applying to jobs and they're supposed to call me to set up interviews and the problem is if they call I ignore it because I've gotten used to ignoring calls unless it's a number I recognize because they're all scams and I'm worried this habit is gonna lead me to miss calls from potential employers.

What do?

dont ignore any calls

search up their number on google, make sure you don't ignore any calls from that number. Also, scammers are fine, just don't say anything that can seem like agreement to anything.

But I do it subconsciously

search up their number on google, make sure you don't ignore any calls from that number. Also, scammers are fine, just don't say anything that can seem like agreement to anything.

I ignore calls because I can't be bothered

then dont?

force yurself to pick up every single call you get. If its something bad, you can always hang up

Don't most modern phones have pretty good filtering? I report/block enough spam calls to the point that they're rather infrequent recently.
Although the political texts that think I'm a black guy named Willie are back, gotta love election years.

then dont?

force yurself to pick up every single call you get. If its something bad, you can always hang up

But I've gotten so used to ignoring calls that I forget to pick up.

put a sticky note or something on your phone that says not to ignore calls

write it down a bunch of times and repeat it in your head over and over for like an hour that usually helps me not forget but not always good luck

stripes said:
write it down a bunch of times and repeat it in your head over and over for like an hour that usually helps me not forget but not always good luck

that sounds like something they'd force you to do at a re-education camp

bug said:
put a sticky note or something on your phone that says not to ignore calls

i mean i guess but i hardly ever use my phone when im at home which is also a problem

that sounds like something they'd force you to do at a re-education camp
youre right now that i think about it

then you will just 🗿

But I do it subconsciously

Maybe change your default ringtone? (if that's possible)
Maybe the different sound won't trigger your habit as much.

my ringer is almost always off

Ah, I used to have the same problem with the ringer.
I took my phone case off, turned the ringer on, put some tape over the little ringer switch and put the case back on so I couldn't turn it on silent.

It was a lil annoying at times, but I didn't miss any notifications

Edit: you can also change the vibration patterns of phone calls. that might also work.

Change ur ringtone for a couple weeks

Found a job lol

Woot!

Late to the ringtones question but try to ask what number people would be calling you from so you can set a non-default ringtone for that contact. Then continue ignoring your default ring like you're used to doing.

Forum > Status Update Threads > I need help for a solution