ForumStatus Update Threads ► What are you doing/What did you do today?
Yeah, we talk on Facebook and stuff, but I thought that was a little sudden

Going through many sites at the same time making me have 15 tabs open.
Oh the joy of having limited internet time..

I broke 3 fingers punching a wall. great day so far. >:(

0) I got my paperwork to give blood. Practically pounced on the person who was in charge of signups, then pranced around for a while.
1) Talked to an old friend for a while. Hadn't seen head nor hide of him for two years. It was nice, made me feel a lot better.
2) Made a decision
3) Helped Ian with his homework using Dr Who, aliens, and people to cookie rations. I love being an older sister.
4) Jeff taught Ian and I a little bit of martial arts--just some basic defense things. Ian really is going to profit from all of this, Jeff and dad teaching him.

I made cookies.

Today, I have been having all kinds of dislexic moments and it's really screwing me up. Yay mental issues.

Today I spent 6 1/2 hours in the car, driving home from Nebraska. Super duper fun. Oh and tomorrow I get to go back to school. Senioritis has already hit, so that's gonna be a BLAST.

kukolka said:
Today, I have been having all kinds of dislexic moments and it's really screwing me up. Yay mental issues.

So, I shouldn't point out that there's a 'y' in dyslexic?

Yeah, that would have been one of those sensitive moments that you're so great at picking up on.

Going to work, unfortunately. Celebrating 3 great months with Ninj. :)

Because that wasn't a joke or anything. She knows me well enough to know it was a joke. Fucking a. If anyone else had posted that, you wouldn't have commented, so please.

I would have commented no matter who posted it. Don't assume that I have no sense of humor either.

Never said:

Yay. I've lost my ability to spell. We should throw a party to celebrate ;)

I agree...

I'm going back to bed.

I am sitting in class doing absolutely nothing. I forgot the point of this class and why I'm taking it. I think I'll start using this class as a "study hall" period. There's no point wasting the time I am forced to sit here.

Someone just threw the remains of a cap eraser at me.
I am hungry. I am tired. I am in an overall "meh" mood.

I am looking forward to music in thirty-five minutes. We'll be working on the song with my Bassoon solo.

Charli said:
Yeah, that would have been one of those sensitive moments that you're so great at picking up on.

And that is the part that suggests that it is much more targeted than that. BUt, hell. As long as you don't directly state it, you can always deny it later, aye?
kukolka said:
Never said:

Yay. I've lost my ability to spell. We should throw a party to celebrate ;)

I'll bring the cake! :D Should we have party hats and streamers?

I woke up at four a.m. screaming. Poor gram. She just poked her head in the room and said quietly "Heather, time to wake up." I really should see about anxiety meds or getting back on my old script. This is getting too bad. My nerves are so shot. I'm not going to get back on the pills, though, unless I have no other choice.

I got ready, putting on new scrubs and shoes. It's pathetic--the pants are apparently 'XS' (extra small) and they're still much too big on me. They're cute, though, and I'm not swimming in them like I was the others. They have a drawstring, too, so I don't have to worry about them falling down. The top is pale green with Eyeore, all in very pastel colours. Bright colours sometimes are bad in the lockdown ward. Watching myself in the mirror get dressed was strange--out of my Grinch jammie pants and soft pink top into scrubs. It makes me feel calm, atching myself raise my arms, seeing the slight ribs protuding oh so gently as I slip on the top over my head.

I get here at five and am prepared to assist with Wound Care at five thirty. I helped tend to pressure ulcers and all kinds of nice, gorey little wounds. Around seven or seven thirty, I had to walk away. I felt dizzy looking at one. The ulcer was badly infected with a shine to it. It was 17.5 cm long on the anterior of the woman's thigh, 2.3 cm deep, with the (must ask for the actual term for this measurement) wound extending under the skin five cm to the side. It was the sound it made when the skin was moved, along with the smell, that made me have to walk away. The slightest little moist squishing noise combined with the smell of pus and infection.

Came back to the office, knowing gram has a meeting directly after. She's the Risk Manager, along with the long string of letters showing her certifications, so she has to attend most of the meetings. Got online, found out I'd be going to meet Jeff's mum come Sunday. I'm pretty damn nervous about it, which makes me more antsy. I really hope she'll like me.

I wish I could get that smell out of my nose. It lingers long after you walk away. The very memory of the smell stays with you.

Off to work again. I really need the hours, but I wish I could just stay home all day. Maybe it will help if I think about what it is that I need the money for. If I think about that, it'll be okay.

I almost hit a coyote while driving home today.

Cooking, tuna tetrazzini for supper tonight. I can't wait to cook for a hubby, someday. :)

I am thinking of playing Portal, knowing I'll probably end up staring at the bottom of this site for a while..

Working in my yard and getting covered in dirt, sweat, ground weeds, and leaves/branches from the hedges I'm trimming with a machete.

That sounds like fun, Io. :P

Actually I did enjoy myself. It's a great stress/anger reliever.

I slept, read, and did homework most of the day.

Worked all day, time to make a snack and play some RP games. :)

Forum > Status Update Threads > What are you doing/What did you do today?