ForumStatus Update Threads ► Eighteen
I have reached that milestone age in a teenager's life. The age where everyone believes it's the greatest age to reach in the world due to "all of the things you can now do." It isn't all that great, to be honest. I can buy lottery tickets. I can get inside a club & still not be able to drink. I can buy a lighter, but not be able to buy cigarettes. I can drive as many people as I want now, but most people at seventeen would already do that. I am age-qualified for many more jobs now, but still have to compete against all of the other people my age & older. Oh, & if I get arrested, I can now be charged as an adult.
Eighteen, it doesn't seem so great.

I can buy a lighter, but not be able to buy cigarettes...I can drive as many people as I want now, but most people at seventeen would already do that.

Where do you live? That doesn't look like America.

Dirty Jersey.

The smoking age is different there? That's weird. I thought it was the same throughout the U.S.

It's nineteen here.

I remember when I turned Eighteen.

I can buy a lighter
You have to be eighteen to buy lighters? There's no age minimum here.

Same here. New Jersey is weird.

NJ has too many restrictions -.-
all people with only a drivers permit or provisional, must have a stupid red decal on their license plate until the they get their basic license :p

I'm just saying you don't have to be 18 to do all of those things...
My dad would always buy me lottery tickets for christmas -.-

Lol I know. I used to buy lottery tickets before I turned eighteen. I've done almost everything I'm able to do now legally before I turned eighteen XD Hence why I said being eighteen isn't that interesting.

Wait till you turn 21 and realize you don't wanna party anymore

I suppose that depends more on your outlook on life than your age.

We all want to do things that we aren't supposed to. Drinking to get drunk isn't as fun when it's legal.

Damn, I'm screwed, then. :P I've never wanted to party.

I've always hated the thought of alcohol and drugs; I'm sure my mindset will never change.

If you don't want to party when you're young then you probably won't when you're older.

I wasn't crazy about partying when I was younger, but I'm more open to it now.

That's why I said probably, not definitely

I was 18 once... it was fairly depressing. As an 18 year old, I never left the country, drank a lot, bought a cat, had an affair, and peed in front of a dominatrix.

HAhAhAhAhAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!

Glad to see you, K.

I guess the only good thing about that was the cat

I was 18 once... it was fairly depressing. As an 18 year old, I never left the country, drank a lot, bought a cat, had an affair, and peed in front of a dominatrix.

Is it weird that none of that surprises me at all?

I thought the peeing thing sounded fun.