ForumStatus Update Threads ► LAST DAY OF SCHOOL :D
College is a lot like high school, only the teachers don't actually care if you go or not. Of course, I'm not "technically" in college now - I'm just here for the summer quarter. That's been my main observation so far. Oh - and make sure you know where your classes are BEFORE the first day and know where you're parking if you are commuting. Because otherwise you may end up wandering around the city for several hours trying to find where that parking garage went and hid itself.

Well, I'm also moving out, so that's a pretty big difference for me.

I would probably say that the best piece of general advice for someone going into college is, be prepared to be treated as an adult. That of course has it's ups and downs. For one it is as Raining said, they care less about whether or not you show up. They will also expect more from you.

I haven't really noticed any bigger expectations. The only difference is that where in highschool the teachers actively attempt to motivate students to do things, now we're just left to do them under our own motivation.

What? I wish it was my last day of school too.:(

Hey so I just have the rest of the week, then monday and tuesday, then HOME FREE, BABY!!! WOO!!! (well, only for like, 6 days. It's spring break.)

Oh hey, an unclaimed soul. Guess I'll just pick that up.

I just have 4 more mondays left until its over for about 3 months and I have do do it again.

i have 31 days til summer break

I've still got like 6 and a half weeks

Spring break is over now, and it sucked. We had a bunch of snow days so it was shortened way too much.

I'm graduating high school tomorrow. Time to get a summer job...

Stop making me feel old.

Oh god, I'm like the Crypt Keeper D:

(Also congrats on graduation!)

let's bring this back for the start of school. Tenth grade starts in 3 days.

time for college apps, darn.

Tenth grade starts in 3 days.

Zia said:
Stop making me feel old.

Oh god, I'm like the Crypt Keeper D:

Sometimes I remember how many people on this website are on summer break and I die a little inside.

And most of you are ALSO too young for either of the two references in that last post I made, too.

I mean I'm also in summer break, but that's because I'm a professional student. 7 years into a 4 year degree ain't no thang.

I started my degree at 24 so even though I'm finishing undergrad on time I'm still an old boy with no degree in hand

I’m trying really hard to find someone older than me in the year of the program I’m in. So far everyone has been at least 3 years younger than me. Even some of the people who look older than me have been younger. I’m not going around asking people for ages or anything, it’s oddly enough something people have just been mentioning.

Dude. I was older than the PhD students who tutored my courses all through undergrad. It's weird being invited to a series of 21st birthday parties the year my daughter turns five.

Oh god dude, that sounds like it would get uncomfortable. Did you at least like any of the younger people? What’s weird for me is they’re all younger than me and a lot of them are married.

I finally found the oldest dude in the class and he’s actually really nice.

I mean I'm also in summer break, but that's because I'm a professional student. 7 years into a 4 year degree ain't no thang.
You and me there, Jash. Although my degree is 5 years, but still. High five!

Hamtart87 said:
Oh hey, an unclaimed soul. Guess I'll just pick that up.

I just have 4 more mondays left until its over for about 3 months and I have do do it again.

this was the exact moment when it all changed for the worse. (jk hamtart) ily

Forum > Status Update Threads > LAST DAY OF SCHOOL :D