ForumThe Sandbox ► Banned?
To one of the site admins:

I was recently banned, in my opinion unfairly, and I was hoping I could get one of you to message me so that we can discuss the issue.

I tried to message one of you guys but the message button on profiles is missing, which I assume is a feature of the ban.

Thanks,
Brett

I like buttz

Hi brettyoke,

Racism isn't tolerated on twocans. Using racial slurs (in your case, the n-word) will get you banned.

Fwip,

Thank you for your timely response!

I fully understand the need for rules preventing racism; and I agree that TwoCans should be a place where people of all races feel welcome.

However, I feel that by instantly banning me for posting the lyrics to a song we cross the boundaries into closing off potentially proactive discussion. I admit it wasn't a nice song, it's an older one back when this nation (USA) was backwards in its race relations. My simple curiosity in asking the question was to see how many people would recognize it. I even tried to make that point by asking "Who started singing it?"

So I hope that you will reconsider my ban, or at least continue the discussion thereof.

Thanks so much,

Brett

My simple curiosity in asking the question was to see how many people would recognize it.
If only you'd picked a line of the song without the n-word. Or another song entirely. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Fwip said:
My simple curiosity in asking the question was to see how many people would recognize it.
If only you'd picked a line of the song without the n-word. Or another song entirely. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I fully understand where you're coming from. I was unaware that there was a zero tolerance policy for the n-word on TwoCans. Would you please consider giving me another chance, now that I'm more knowledgable about that?

This account is 6 years old and I'd hate to lose it over one silly mistake.

Thanks,

Brett

It was a 7 day ban, IIRC that means there are three days left give or take.

I may have come for the action, but I'm staying for the .gifs.

Grayseff said:
It was a 7 day ban, IIRC that means there are three days left give or take.

Oh cool, thank you. It didn't say that anywhere.

And remember:

Words to live by.

Banned for...wait a second...

Forum > The Sandbox > Banned?