ForumThe Sandbox ► Random Thoughts, brought to you by Pyro
because why

Superscript and substrip @ the same time

YAY

hahahahahahahahahaha

you all right?

Eh almost never.

I have a hard time trusting anybody who wears socks to bed.

Why?

The last thing that goes through a bugs mind before it hits a windshield is it's butt.

...or the stinger. that’s actually worse.

ooooh yeah. ouch.

At least the brain gets crushed more easily, ending its pitiful life sooner.

I've been thinking about this for a while. The way you treat is the same way you treat pets. For example, if you wanted you're dog to go over to you, you "come here [name]" then make a sound to attract them, but it to a baby it's also "come here [name]" and you make a noise to attract them

Did you know turtles can breathe out of their butts? And water has memory? And wombats poop squares?

Being naked doesn't feel as naked as naked with socks on.

Stop this magic you fiend. You must have read my mind.

There is no way to prove that any person around you is a person, or to prove that they are a highly functioning machine programmed to respond cleverly to anything you say or do, like Cleverbot.

There is no way to prove that anything exists beyond your own senses. Especially because your senses, or more accurately the way our brains process senses, can be fooled and tricked and even altered.

You can very rarely estimate accurately your own capabilities due to personal bias.

Because of the time it takes for light to travel to our eyes, be transferred into electrical signals, and then be processed by our brains, everything you see, have seen, or ever will see, has already happened in the past. By about a maximum of 80 milliseconds.

Any color you see on a screen that is not red, blue, or green, is an illusion. Screens cannot emit any light that is not one of these three colors. All the colors you think you see are combinations of those three.

There is no way to prove that any person around you is a person, or to prove that they are a highly functioning machine programmed to respond cleverly to anything you say or do, like Cleverbot.

There is no way to prove that anything exists beyond your own senses. Especially because your senses, or more accurately the way our brains process senses, can be fooled and tricked and even altered.

Yeah, solipsism is a pretty freaky idea in some ways. Ultimately, you have to ask yourself which seems more likely: one entity having developed that can simulate a fully fleshed out world like this, or multiple entities having developed cohesively with respect to one another. And even then, if you can't pick between those, in my opinion it's safer to just assume that everyone around you *is* a thinking, feeling being that fully exists and treat them as such.

Any color you see on a screen that is not red, blue, or green, is an illusion. Screens cannot emit any light that is not one of these three colors. All the colors you think you see are combinations of those three.

I mean. *Sort of*. That's sort of like saying that if you see the color red printed on a piece of paper that it's not *really* red, it's just yellow and magenta mixed together. After all, printers can't *really* print any colours that aren't cyan, magenta, or yellow, right? When an LED or LCD pixel emits light, that light ends up combined with the other colors next to it in ratios based on instructions from the control processor. It's not really an illusion so much as it is just the way that light works, combines, and is processed by your eyes/brain. Sometimes, as is the case in certain types of OLED displays, the RGB emitters may even be partially or fully stacked instead of being discrete entities. Manufacturers are constantly getting more and more creative with pixel structures in attempts to create displays with smaller and smaller pixel pitches.

All colors are just combinations of little bits of reflected or emitted light.

I remain convinced this was my weirdest year of schooling, and I can somehow say that even before considering COVID-19.

I really like the way Blake did the collapsing answers in the Ask section. Particularly how "See Older" stays in place when you click it, and the list moves up instead.

Forum > The Sandbox > Random Thoughts, brought to you by Pyro