ForumThe Sandbox ► zomg_what_is_it?
Pink dot

Hmm so there's something special about the words pink dot, because "Sink dot" didn't do anything

"Pink dot" isn't a trigger. At least, not a consistent one. Meaning that there's likely not a consistent trigger we can easily find - it seems it's based on circumstance. So we've got to work on figuring out the rules that determine what the trigger is based on the surrounding posts, which likely set the criteria.

That being said, it seems that the edited post (at page 48) no longer gives Mathy the pink dot.

So perhaps it's time-sensitive?

EDIT : It seems making this post caused the dot to swap from Jaxxon to Spam19, although this could just be coincidence, I'll look for confirmation of it. It just gets weirder and weirder.

I'm half expecting the pink dot to starting asking "How is a raven like a writing desk?"

THEORY : This might be crazy, but what if it's cross-thread? If a dot-worthy post is granted, the newest post on the entire forum gets it. If the triggering post is the newest post, then the second-newest post gets it. Hence why the behavior seems to be inconsistent, we're looking at the wrong posts? Maybe?

Nevermind, that makes absolutely zero sense since the dot tracker seemed to be tracking it.

pink dot

It could be something cross thread, but I don't think it's something that simple, like why would pink dot work sometimes but not others?

No idea. I wonder if it's dependent on the entire forum's activity. It would be interesting, as that would make it the first meta-dot, but it's not out of the question.

This is a very touchy theory. I'm pretty sure it's wrong and there is no easy way to verify it yet.

pink dot

It could be something like the red dot

That was crazy

Blake said it was pretty simple tho so idk

It could be the next person to reply after someone says "pink dot" because I just got it

I had just said it earlier and you didn't have it, so i don't think that's the case

test

If it's not math-based it could be every x posts or based on the previous forum post

It is the pi​nk dot of DOOM.

Yes

pink dot

How's the search going?

Me and my buddies are taking a break from the hunt

How's the search going?

Short Summary:
  • It seems to be context-specific AND time/usage count-specific
  • It seems that the posts affect those around you, maybe, and not necessarily that of the dot-worthy post
  • Math has nothing to do with this dot (Blake confirmed)
  • It seems that "Math" also includes "Numbers"
  • The Numbers do not matter regardless, as it can also be triggered via plain text, apparently

Though these may be theories we've constructed based on random events and none of them might be particularly correct

It’s particularly hard for this dot as well, as it appears in both numbers and plain text posts (ex. Jaxon’s recent red dot post and 894 on GR)

I wonder what started being so different in peoples posts to start triggering this dot

I have been made aware that the dot is fairly recent and has only shown up in two threads, that being gender race and this thread.

I have yet another free day tomorrow so I’ll see if I can’t make some progress.

I have a dot. Idk what it means, I don't keep up with this stuff. I just wanted to share.

you said somthing to trigger it

Maybe if you say an even-numbered post at a time that is a multiple of a Mersenne Prime the last person to look at the Hate Thread exactly 16.7 hours earlier determines the pink dot by the last user to view their profile?

*evil laugh*

Grayseff said:
Maybe if you say an even-numbered post at a time that is a multiple of a Mersenne Prime the last person to look at the Hate Thread exactly 16.7 hours earlier determines the pink dot by the last user to view their profile?

*evil laugh*

We can rule that out because Blake said it has nothing to do with math.

Forum > The Sandbox > zomg_what_is_it?