ForumThe Sandbox ► zomg_what_is_it?
Well at least you got it. Now you can cackle and point like the rest of us.

Figuring it out with just "hill lake carbon" was a nightmare though. If you think you had it bad with six or so triggers, imagine it with three. I'm glad I could help somewhat, in an extremely evil way

Since Mathy has gotten it, two more triggers

Phillips makes Flathead screwdrivers

I've also gone ahead and added the rule to the spoiler box in the master "Dots" thread in site announcements. If you give up on the rule to maroon, you can look at it there.

But unless you solve it yourself, you have no right to bully the people who are trying to solve it independently. Because you cheated, you don't get to make fun of the people who have enough personal resolve to not cheat.

If you do solve it on your own, feel free to bully though. You deserve something for your efforts.

My efforts of copy and pasting into wikipedia's search bar?

Close enough. You took initative and didn't cheat, that's what counts.

The rules came to you (mostly) by your own work.

And anyways, that's how a few dots have been solved (like Black)

Same somewhat goes for Cyan and Brown (I think) with the election maps.

I can confirm that wasn't the case with Cyan, it was just a lucky guess (for Trump's electoral map). I can't confirm how jaded solved brown, but I would assume they probably googled that one (For Bryan 1908).

From the advance dot testing thread, peach comes from the entire bee movie script.

I think I've cracked peach.

It's six specific words.
The six specific words are the ONLY triggers
From a specific source, not a set
It's like Black, Pink, and the original Grey
The trigger is within the last eight of the script (Like, 90% sure).

I think this is probably a better one to leave to everyone than maroon, because it's obtainable through google pretty easily.

If it becomes spammy, I'll drop it sooner.

It's easier than maroon, I think.

What do you mean by "from a specific source"?

As in, an excerpt from one specific body of words.

Could be a book title, a passage from a book, a religious text, a Wikipedia article, a song lyric, a poem, an ad slogan, or a meme.

But it's not a set of something (I.E. Like Maroon, Grey, or Black), the words needed to trigger it relate to one specific source.

So if you looked at the source this came from, you would find all the words in the trigger.

Specific?

Oy vey, another google search I'll botch.

Kylljoy said:
Well at least you got it. Now you can cackle and point like the rest of us.

Figuring it out with just "hill lake carbon" was a nightmare though. If you think you had it bad with six or so triggers, imagine it with three. I'm glad I could help somewhat, in an extremely evil way

Since Mathy has gotten it, two more triggers

Phillips makes Flathead screwdrivers

Is using the tracker cheating?

Has the trigger for peach been found yet?

of of of of

apparently kylljoy has found it but none of the rest of us know what it is yet.

Is using the tracker cheating?

So long as you use SCIENCE to figure out what the rule is, nothing is off the table. The only definition in my book for "cheating" is "reading or having someone else tell you the rule without making the final conclusion yourself".

Also, there are no "official" rules for dot tracking, and if there were, they sure as hell wouldn't be set by me. So "cheating" is really dependent on how you feel it is. It's more of an honor code thing : if you didn't put the work in and just asked for the rule or read it off somewhere, you shouldn't feel smug or like you know more than the other users. You just took the easy route. But so long as you feel you put a sufficient amount of work in, I hardly think that's "cheating". You put the time in and you came to the final conclusion yourself. That's all that matters.

But I do think my point stands. I think it should be a basic unspoken rule among us that those taking easy street don't get to tease the ones who are purposely working for a sense of self-accomplishment

And yes, Blake has confirmed that I found the trigger. I have added the rule to the dot codex for those who are just looking for the rule and not actively participating in the hunt.

Kylljoy said:
I think it should be a basic unspoken rule among us that those taking easy street don't get to tease the ones who are purposely working for a sense of self-accomplishment

"The intent is to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment..."

"The intent was to provide players with a sense of pride and accomplishment..."

Good point. I just feel that if people don't put in the work, they shouldn't tease those who are. I'm giving those who just want the rules and don't want to play a chance to get the rules and those who want to solve a chance to solve without others getting ahead of them and a unique skin after either 2000 hours of playtime or $50.00.

And anyways, my main move for this is to prolong the game so that everyone who wants to gets a chance of solving at least one dot without someone else (READ : Mainly me, you and Mathy) solving it and posting it in the thread before them.

It adds longevity to the game and makes sure everyone who wants a shot gets one.

But for all intensive purposes, if everyone thinks its better to post the rule when one of us figures it out, I'll drop the "I know it but won't say" thing. I've just been doing it because I thought it would make it more enjoyable for those who like playing the game and don't want the rules "spoiled" for them.

And you can't spell 'Blake' without the letters 'E' and 'A'

hey have we had this pink dot yet?

i assume so but i just wanted to make sure

Yes, it is be the most recent poster in the Gender Race thread when someone says "pink dot"

hm?

yeah, you can say pink dot in the gender race thread and get the pink dot, if that's what you mean

yeah but i said orange in the word association forum and somehow got this pink dot

did you post in the Gender Race right around the time you got the pink dot?

no it was 4 hours apart

the last forum post i made before that was in kinderrace

It appears that you're still the most recent poster in Gender Race, so you still have the pink dot

Forum > The Sandbox > zomg_what_is_it?